Shock Tips

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Chuck, I'm curious about something I noticed in the second photo in your 2nd post. Did you have to eat all those cupcakes by yourself before starting the shock removal procedure?

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Yea Don. You need to understand how that muffin pan works. Get the wife to make you a muffin pan of muffins/cup cakes, etc. and she will feel good because she was able to do something for you. Also she feels good because you are showing that you like her baking. Tell her you are going to eat the muffins in the garage as you contemplate how to do maint. on your bike. She is happy with that , because she does not want all the crumbs in the kitchen anyway. Now that you have finished all the muffins and built up enough strength from your wife's baked muffins, you can go to work on the bike and use the muffin pan to organize your fasteners. Works great.;):):D

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
That new shock should help when you ride to Hutchinson later this month, given all the twisty roads we have here.:D

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Also a great big thanks to "Reginald" for his tips on only loosening not removing the footpeg hanger. Saved a lot of grief during reassembly. Also a big thanks for the tip about using a box end wrench and taping the acorn nut to the wrench when re-installing the upper Shock bolt. I used masking tape. Worked very good and keep the frustration to a minimum. All in all, not that difficult with the proper tools and information on on hand.
I'm wondering why Honda didn't save us all a lot of grief and simply tapped out a hole in the frame where that bolt slides through. Wouldn't need no acorn nut, wouldn't need to remove anything to access a non needed acorn nut, yada, yada, yada... :confused:

Top Bottom