What is this hole in the frame for?

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Thanks, Thumper! I thought I read my manual cover to cover, but clearly, I've missed this. Thanks!!

Joel
The hole does not adjust the rebound dampening on the shock....the screw driver that you insert through the hole does :rofl1:

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
One real answer 5 wize cracks that's about the normal ratio LOL.
There may be a thread on here about how to properly adjust it.
The idea is to not have the swing arm oscillate (under damped) or take to long to recover to resting position (over damped).
It doesn't need fidling with after that. The preload adjuster takes care of the load on the bike the damper takes care of the swing arm mass which doesn't change.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
It's a farkle hole.....all the farkle money goes in there............................ff

OP
OP
Bike
2006 ST1300
I didn't know the question was that foolish. But really, I just didn't know. I don't know enough about the bike handling to know if this even needs any adjustment. The machine feels perfect to me, but, I'm still quite new to this.

Anyway, glad to know there is a purpose behind having this hole drilled into my frame. It bothered me, once I noticed the hole, until I saw it on other bikes. I didn't want mine to be that special. :)

Joel

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I didn't know the question was that foolish.
You got the correct answer right away. When the first five are "hilarious" responses that don't answer your question you there's a Foolish Quotient that has nothing to do with your question.

I say once you get the right answer let the hilarity ensue!

Bike
2005 BMW RT
You got the correct answer right away. When the first five are "hilarious" responses that don't answer your question you there's a Foolish Quotient that has nothing to do with your question.

I say once you get the right answer let the hilarity ensue!
The only issue is when you don't know the difference between the correct answer and the hilarious responses.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Search forum for preload adjustment service...ddulin also has a nice video on the subject.
I use the hole to carry a spare push rivet if needed.

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
You'll learn to keep your coffee cup far from your keyboard when in this forum.;)
And all of us chowderheads are always aware that Mellow's sitting in front of the classroom, watching the goings-on with his ruler in hand...just waiting for an opportunity to smack our knuckles...

:D

Top Bottom