Picked Up My New 2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
When I bought my Tiger the MSRP was 11,800. I walked out the door at $11,977. This included tax and all plus an estimated $195 title and tag fee. I transfered a tag. I can't remember how much that estimate was over but I think it was a little over $100 I got back. This was when they first came out. If they had been out for a while maybe I could have done better.

I have always felt a rule of thumb of MSRP out the door was somewhat okay.

OTD means different things to different people. To me it includes everything. Prep, shipping, TAX, dealer fees, tag and anything else they can add on.

Our tax rate is 6.5% So ballpark, I figure they dropped dealer fees, prep, shipping (all add on fees) plus 6.5% off the price. YMMV

To me OTD means the net cost inclusive of all expenses...the bottom line figure, which is the best way to compare offers between dealers.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Yes, the reason I put that is that I have seen people post their "OTD" price then later say that, then go on to note other expenses they incurred.

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Congratulations!! Will be interested in what you think of it. I have an Explorer XC, so far so good! I did the recall on the ECU, even though i did not have any issues. Good Luck with it!

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
In regards to posts 23-27.

On another forum someone asked an OTD price on a new WR250R and this is the response he got. :rolleyes:

"$6278 +TTL"

OP
OP
nakerr
STOC #
Well, long story. The bike was awesome and was doing great until I totalled it on June 8 last year. 2 months old and less than 5000 KMs. The bike was very much what Honda should have / could have evolved the ST1300 into. Much the same power and power delivery characteristics. Cruise control, electronic suspension and a good sound system were some of the missing items on the ST1300. The bike also has much better weather protection than the ST. However, I did not have it when it got hot in the summer so not sure if the wind protection would have made it seem as if I was in a furnace.

Cheers,

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well, long story. The bike was awesome and was doing great until I totalled it on June 8 last year. 2 months old and less than 5000 KMs. The bike was very much what Honda should have / could have evolved the ST1300 into. Much the same power and power delivery characteristics. Cruise control, electronic suspension and a good sound system were some of the missing items on the ST1300. The bike also has much better weather protection than the ST. However, I did not have it when it got hot in the summer so not sure if the wind protection would have made it seem as if I was in a furnace.

Cheers,
Well now you have to tell the story of what happened!! Sorry about the bike but glad you are still posting.

OP
OP
nakerr
STOC #
No. I checked them out but my leg (and my wife) are still not where I think that I need to be comfortable to hold up the Trophy (or even a ST1300). I am in the process of picking up a 2015 Canam Spyder RT-S. In a year or two I am thinking of picking up something smaller for a second ride.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
Sorry to hear about the leg....and the wife. I'm glad she let you get the Spyder!

Top Bottom