Track Days?

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
You ever try "hanging off" a RDL saddle? :rofl1:
No, but I did "hang off" the side of a GL1800 quite a few times.

Got a little tip for ya'll--if you hang-off a 400lb sportbike, it'll drop into the corner like a scalpel. When you hang-off a 900lb touring bike, the bike just looks at you and asks mockingly, "And just what do you think you're going to accomplish here?!"

It's almost as effective as trying to turn a Greyhound bus by leaning-out one of the windows.

:D

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
You ever try "hanging off" a RDL saddle? :rofl1:
nope, just the stock 1100 seat. I'm out of touch with all the aftermarket touring accessories.

re: thumperjdm comment, I'd say the ST1100 is probably in between the two. I rode sportbikes for so many years hanging off was a habit I carried over to the ST, and it makes a difference. Its still a heavy, low bike, but you can turn it in a bit better by leaning off.

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
No, but I did "hang off" the side of a GL1800 quite a few times.

Got a little tip for ya'll--if you hang-off a 400lb sportbike, it'll drop into the corner like a scalpel. When you hang-off a 900lb touring bike, the bike just looks at you and asks mockingly, "And just what do you think you're going to accomplish here?!"

It's almost as effective as trying to turn a Greyhound bus by leaning-out one of the windows.

:D
nope, just the stock 1100 seat. I'm out of touch with all the aftermarket touring accessories.

re: thumperjdm comment, I'd say the ST1100 is probably in between the two. I rode sportbikes for so many years hanging off was a habit I carried over to the ST, and it makes a difference. Its still a heavy, low bike, but you can turn it in a bit better by leaning off.
With the type of riding I perfer, if I have to hang off the bike, I'm in deep trouble! I've never been a sport bike type of a guy, even when I use to ride Angeles Crest & Angeles Forest hwys on a '85 VF700 Sabre, everyday to get back and forth to work! :D

The RDL helps keep my :butt1: planted, so no hanging off for me!

And dwalby, my RDL allows me to ride 13 hrs at a time without TB, something I could never do on the stock saddle, believe me, I tried...once! :eek:4:

Bike
2005 st 1300
STOC #
With the type of riding I perfer, if I have to hang off the bike, I'm in deep trouble! I've never been a sport bike type of a guy, even when I use to ride Angeles Crest & Angeles Forest hwys on a '85 VF700 Sabre, everyday to get back and forth to work! :D

The RDL helps keep my :butt1: planted, so no hanging off for me!

And dwalby, my RDL allows me to ride 13 hrs at a time without TB, something I could never do on the stock saddle, believe me, I tried...once! :eek:4:

I have tried to lean off the edge of a RDL and its not easy, but the harleys where not happy as i went scooting my in the other lane on a corner. and no i wasnt even scraping the pegs...

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just moving the torso and upper body off center and into the turn saves a few degrees of lean compared to sitting bolt upright. It's hardly hanging off but still effective with the limited ground clearance of the ST.

Top Bottom