TCS / ABS Problem

Bike
st1300
went out a run today for a charity poker run,,
and hit a bump, just a wicked rut in a country road, no hole or visible warning.
# i'm certainly not having much luck with this one~#
thump! and a second later the abs flashed like mad, and the TCS came on.

i fiddled with the buttons a second and the ABS stopped flashing, but TCS stayed on.

road fine rest of the day, starting and stopping, i kept trying to see if TCS would clear the fault, but no,, stayed on.

tried brakes and could lock the back, and no system cutting in ,, so it's definitely not working.

----------------
got it home, checked front and rear sensors, the back has a we scrape on the surface, :confused::confused: not sure.
checked fuses, i done the abs test with the buttons, and there is no code, just a 3-4 second buzz from the front somewhere.

left side panel off and checked plugs i could find...

000000000000---

so what's step 2?? tried the basics so that's step 1.

Last edited:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Re: tcs / abs PROBLEM!

Weird behavior like that on bumpy roads isn't unusual for ABS systems. I'd say that if it doesn't happen again on regular pavement, don't sweat it.

I don't know much about the ABS on the 1100, but you may have to do something to clear the fault manually if shutting down and restarting doesn't do it.

--Mark

OP
OP
kenG
Bike
st1300

rear sensor,,, showing no resistance, so i pulled it off, ;(

10176085_754630724567972_4715018955812799599_n.jpg wonder if thats the problem >

all the plugs and stuff were clean and dry, the 20A pump motor fuse was blown too.

took all the fuses out of the bottom fuse box to see if i could switch it all off. the lights started flashing.

can you take the whole system off, and what do i need, new hoses just??

OP
OP
kenG
Bike
st1300

executive decision,,,,!!!!! help!

if i unplug the abs control (left front beside headlight) the 2 pumps, the fuses, and replace the 2 hoses with NON-ABS hoses,,,and bleed it.

AM I going to have any other issues with carb's or tip over sensors,, etc, or will i just have a full power non-ans bike.

i'm worries some other sensor will be involved and cut power or spark in the wrong time or place.

cheers.

OP
OP
kenG
Bike
st1300

bigger problem here with Gov run mot center's, if they see sensors, rings, light panel's with tape on, they then start probing.

if it's on it, it must work.

same as we can't get hid's on bikes, as they just keep failing you, saying beam isn't right until you put it back to bulbs. (i hate aftermarket ones anyway)
so it's spend ?250ish on a sensor(which might not be the problem) then wait on the next problem.

and it's not worth getting into electronics on a 20 year old bike. if i could get one for ?20-?30 i'd take my first light problem fix as a chance.
but if this is ongoing.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

yea, i guess someone unloaded their crap to me. (clutch, t/belt, fork seals, abs light)..... i just can't do that.....................it's bikers etiquette.

the last owner wasn't a biker i guess, just a * * * * ! :mad:

Top Bottom