You know it's going to be a good day when .....

OP
OP
schlep1967

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Bill just give me an extra set. Oh also a key to your garage will help also!!!:hat2:
I can see it now. Bill "Hey Jay, I locked the keys in the bike again." Jay "I'll be right over" I head out to where I parked and the keys will be out of the trunk laying on the ground with a note "Here are your keys" where the bike used to be.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
First car I got with a key fob that would open the trunk by remote caused me to lock the keys in there 3 times before I learned my lesson.

You use the rmote to open the trunk, then while digging something out of the trunk you set your keys down on the trunk floor. You find what you want, grab it, and close the trunk.

After two times... I finally learned to put the keys back in my pocket instead of setting them down while in the trunk.

But eventually I did it again.

Then I bought the electronic number pad for the outside of the car.
Of course I never locked them in there again.

fiziks

I brake things.
Bike
2003 ST1300A
Ages ago... probably around '73 or '74, we used to take a family vacation down to Treasure Island, Florida. Grandma and Grandpa in the Lincoln, and Mom, Dad and us four kids in whatever car we had that year. We stopped at a gas station in the middle of no-where, Georgia. My grandfather was wearing a light windbreaker because it had been a little chilly when we left early in the morning. It is now near noon, so he takes off the jacket and tosses it in the back seat. He watches that gas station attendant fill the car (any of you old enough to remember when that used to happen?) and goes to get back in the car, but it's locked... and the keys are in his jacket pocket. Grandma comes back from using the facilities.

Grandpa: The keys are locked in the car.
Grandma: I have a spare set of keys just in case you lock your keys in the car.
Grandpa: Where are the keys.
Grandma: In my purse.
Grandpa: Where's your purse.
Grandma: I locked it in the car because I didn't want anyone to steal it. Where is your extra set.
Grandpa: In the trunk.

So, the next car to pull into the station is a beat up Ford Fairmont wagon. My Dad explains the situation and asks the driver if he can borrow his car keys for a moment. Reluctantly, he give's my Dad his keys. The guy was quite amused when his key opened the trunk on the Lincoln. Grandpa, not so much. Not sure which ruined his day more, locking all three sets of keys in the car or that a guy with a Fairmont key could get in the Lincoln. We had a wonderful time in Florida, though!

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
[QUOTE;1739350]I don't get on with the electronic key things, my Mazda CX5 has no ignition key, just a fob. Problem is if the fob is in range, you can start the car and drive off,as far a gas will take you...Until you switch it off....then find the fob is in you kitchen,30 miles away......stupid idea.[/QUOTE]

I can't start our CX5 unless the key is very close to the drivers side--either in my pocket or the console. My wife threw her purse in the back seat with the keys in it and the car wouldn't start so there's no way it'd start with the key sitting inside the house.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
When you get a nice fresh early (6am) start on your week long 4,000 mile ride.

But a mile from your house you realize why your gps screen looks funny. It has routes and waypoints but no maps.

So you get a lovely delay going home to load up the maps.
Cottin fricki pickin stinkin....

Top Bottom