Inner cowling fairing removal

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Re: Inner cowling fairinf removal

Refer to touringmotorcyclists.com and you will find a fairly good write-up on fairing r&r that should help you.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #

Remove the 6 rivet pins and 1 screw that retain each one then slip them out toward the ground. Behind the right one is a connector for the temperature sensor that must be disconnected when you can slip your hand behind the cowl.

Bike
2010 ST1300

I suggest you use the Tuperware Worksheet - its located in 'Most Replied Tech Articles' to store the fastners. I printed the pages and glued them to blocks of wood then drilled holes where the screws are stored so everything is held securely.

When you put the inner cowls back, insert the fasteners in the numbered order and leave the screw loose. You may have to wiggle the plastic to get the last one or two plastic push pins in place.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

Behind the right one is a connector for the temperature sensor that must be disconnected when you can slip your hand behind the cowl.
I've aways found it much easier to leave the sensor connected, just remove the screw that secures it to get it out of the way when removing the cowl. The connector you're referring to has never been disconnected on my ST since I've owned it.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I never though of removing the sensor from the cowl but it makes perfect sense but it's also easy to disconnect the sensor which I've done many times.

Bike
Pan 1300A
Plus always check the two inner panels slip under the top part ( by the cubby holes ) nothing worse than putting in all the poppers and finding the panel on the outside--- Do these fixings first
T.U.D.

Top Bottom