Bridgestone T30

Bike
1991 ST1100
Rode the north Georgia mountains good Friday with my new T30 on did some peg scrubbing and later some wet highway no problems, seems like these are going to be some decent tires!
Wi

Bike
2006 ST1300
I agree. I was dragging pegs, having a blast yesterday. No chicken strips on my rear tire now!

Now We'll see how long they last.

Bike
1990 Yamaha XTZ750
Sofar so good. Could be wishful thinking on my part, but they appear to be cupping/flattening from highway use less than the previous ttires.

Bike
09 ST1300
I am thinking about switching from PR3's to these new T30GT's. I am certain now after 2 set of PR2's and 2 sets of pr3's that they are noisy. I also notice that these are much cheaper than the Michelins, and there does not seem to be any availability on BT023 GT's. 99% of my riding is 2up and I cannot get more than 14000kms out of a rear tire, and 23000 out of front. What are the thoughts of all running T30's?

Bike
2005 ST1300
Just mounted a T-30 on the front the AM. Handles as great as one would expect for a new tire. If I get as many miles (14k) out of it as the BT020 I removed I'll be thrilled.

Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
Just put new T30 GT on front and rear. Put 3150 milles on in 11 days all 2 up and packed heavy. Road Tail Of The Dragon and Moonshiner scrapping the right center kick stand often lots of rain mix of interstate and state highways. Nice and grippy, smooth, quiet. Not sure about life yet but more worn off sides than the center. So far am happy they replaced BT023's that got about 6000 miles per miles.

Bike
2001 ST1100
Just had new T30's (not GT) installed on my ST1100 last night. The front is noisier than the old Avon ST22 (date code 1992, 550 miles) that was removed. At the rear an old Dunlop ArrowMax was replaced (date code 2003, 550 miles).
I've got a total of 96 miles on them so far.

My initial impression is that the T30 rolls over things like tar crack patch and asphalt hole patches better. The Avon tended to bounce to the side when I hit tar crack patches and had a little bit of deflection on some asphalt hole patches. I've been riding pretty carefully so far, but I did have one slip at the rear on the way home crossing some white road paint in the light rain I was caught in on the way home from the dealer.

Other than the noise the tires feel good and ride nice. I've read some very positive reviews on this tire, and I'm hoping we all see good performance as our tires wear. I'll be interested in see what people think as their tires wear over time.

Edit: After putting about 100 miles on the T30's I checked the pressures and found both front and rear at about 30psi. I added air to bring both up to the more correct 36/42 psi and took a ride. Tires are a lot quieter now, but still a bit of sound on grooved concrete.

Last edited:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I have installed five T30 tires now and they have a very stiff sidewall. No complaints from the owners yet.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Well I would ignore any performance with the briefly fitted previous tyres..... the rubber would not be at it's best and certainly would not perform at all well due to degradation caused by age.

As to the Bridgestones, I don't use them for the very reason that the sidewalls are so stiff.... as I fit my own I prefer an easier life when fitting and removing my tyres....

Also, I have always had better mileage from Avon Storm Ultra 2 than the previous confections of the Bridgestones... at the price the Avon was hard to beat on cost per mile.

It will be interesting to see how you get on with this new pattern....

....and please guys, this is not another excuse to berate Avon because I mentioned them.....

I may be doing a challenge ride shortly, the latest UK Ride magazine came on Monday and they have thrown the gauntlet down on a 1200 mile(ish) ride to take "selfies" at various locations and then e-mail them in to the mag... if I do it I get a free pair of Maxxis tyres... now normally I wouldn't touch those, but if they are free.... I might try them.... once.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Just ordered a set. This will be my first of non-OEM Bridgestones, so we'll see how they do.

--Mark

STill STylin

Red is ALWAYS faSTer
Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
Had been leaning towards recent replacement with either T30's or PR3's - went with the OEM Bridgestone BT 020's this go-round, again.

Hope as possible several might comment on their experiences and opinions with both the T30's and PR3's ???

Thank you,
-Elliot

Last edited:
Top Bottom