CCS-100 has Died, Time to move on

Byron

STOC #
So, I know I'm not the first to have this happen. When yours died did you go with the Rosta or the McCruise? Did you run into any interesting issues when you made the switch?

Thanks!

P.S. - I guess I should have also asked if simply found another CCS-100 to replace the defective unit?

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
When Mine died, I just took it all off and do not have a CC on the bike. Really don't need one here in the Rocky Mountains any way.

Bike
2005 BMW RT
When mine died, I replaced it with a new unit. All the wiring and the vacuum was still good, just detach the multi-pin connector from the servo. You do need to hookup at the throttle. Much easier the the install.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
Murph's sells just the Servo.

Scroll to the bottom of the page. Go to the drop down menu and select canister only. $80.

I should have added. When mine died 2 years ago I replaced the servo, but I had to buy the entire kit.

Last edited:

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
When mine died, I replaced it with a new unit. All the wiring and the vacuum was still good, just detach the multi-pin connector from the servo. You do need to hookup at the throttle. Much easier the the install.
I did the same thing. Works like new again.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I guess after all my riding that my ST does not need one, I had one never installed it and sold it.

OP
OP
Byron

Byron

STOC #
Well I went through the solenoids last year to free them up but no love. :( The bike seems to be running fine but it could be a small vacuum leak. Switches seems to be working properly.

If I decide to remove the unit it will be simple as I built Hitachi patch plugs so it will simply be disconnect the plugs the then put them back together. I just need to decide if I want to spend more money or just install one of the Vista throttle locks I have laying around.

Won't get back into the bike until I finish rebuilding the front axle on my FJ40 though.

Top Bottom