Celebrating one year of ownership

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
April 26th 2013 was the day I acquired my 1990 ST1100 and looking back it was an excellent purchase. I've had a few issues with the electrics, but it was repaired quickly with very little down time. Last season I put on over 12,000kms ( small change for some here) mostly exploring southern Ontario with a few trips further afield.
The forum has been an excellent resource, thanks to the members who gave me sound advice. I participated in some amazing RTE's, an OnSTock new friendships, and mastered the drop and sweep!
Over the winter ( a long one it was!) I had the timing belt replaced installed an audiovox CC ( thanks for the help on that too. The initial testing results were good. It works!) I installed an aux. fuse box and cleaned up the wiring. Fresh battleaxe 030 on the front last week and an 023 on the rear late last fall, I'm good to go for the season. I have little over a month in Ontario then it's off to PEI for three months. The gig is "The Ballad of STompin Tom" It opens during Atlanticcade June 28th in Summerside. I'll have shows in the evening but during the day I will be exploring the island and a bit of the East coast with the ST.
Starting the celebration in STyle with my first and second RTE's of the season in Ohio next weekend. and a third not to be missed, "the Sugar & Spice Chocolate" RTE in Exeter Ontario in May.
Many thanks for the support!
Cheers
Robert

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I was a Stoming Tom fan, actually the first event I ever went to with Cherie was a Stompin' Tom concert in Centennial Hall, wish we where going to PEI this summer. I really like the maritimes but it sure rains a lot so make sure you pack your rain gear.

I too think this site is made of great people, haven't met anyone I didn't like yet.

Gerhard

Sidney, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Bike
1994 st1100 ABS
STOC #
This is definitely a great forum with lots of good advice. Your post is interesting because I bought my ST1100 about 1 year ago also and have found the benefits of the forum as you have. In fact I must thank you for the pictures and advice you gave me about mounting and wiring my GPS.

Good luck with your shows and your travels this summer on the east coast. I look forward to visiting eastern Canada in the not too distant future.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
One down.... .MANY more to go...

Congrats!

Top Bottom