knocking rhythmic sound under front braking

Bike
stx 1300
I'm getting a knocking rhythmic sound from the front wheel under braking . I cant notice it lets say under normal braking but it's quite noticeable when coming to a stop in the last few meters of braking .
It's has a rhythm of the front wheel revolving so it's disc or pad related I guess .
I've closely checked the front disc's and cant find any noticeable abnormalities . The disc's themselves are EBC disc's with 10,000 miles on them.
I've swung out of the calipers and there's a tiny bit of play , could this be the issue .
Is it the EBC disc's .
I called into a very reliable mechanic and he confirmed that yes there is a slight knocking sound but its not dangerous or affecting brake performance . He suggested that when the pads need replacing he will have a closer look to see if there is caliper wear and replace parts if required . Also he wasn't happy with the EBC disc brand as they can warp under heavy braking but could see no deformation .
Any info would be greatly appreciated people .
Oh it's an ST 1300 with 62,000 miles on the clock .

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow it sounds like you need to replace your rotors again and use the Honda brake pad.s. Also check your wheel bearings and flange bearings

Top Bottom