ABS modulators

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I guess nobody tried... yet...
casings look different, motor and guts are probably identical...
Member Norm Keller had fixed & refurbed a few ABS-I kits in the past... don't know about ABS-II though...

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I would bet that if they didn't interchange due to different mount locations, you could improvise a mount and be fine. When I had mine apart for cleaning they did in fact appear to be identical component wise.

OP
OP
Bike
st 1100
I guess nobody tried... yet...
casings look different, motor and guts are probably identical...
Member Norm Keller had fixed & refurbed a few ABS-I kits in the past... don't know about ABS-II though...
ok cheers, i have an ex police 2000 AY and the spare front i aquired appears physicaly identical to the one that is on the rear. mounting points pipe bolt holes electrical connectors etc

OP
OP
Bike
st 1100
I just pulled the dash bulbs on mine,rear crank angle sensor fault code 2 was flashing,brakes are as good as ever,not a fan of abs anyway in any vehicle.
yea brakes work fine, but am thinking of moving it on and would prefer everything working as it should thats all

OP
OP
Bike
st 1100
There is a thread on here where a guy in England used the front crank angle sensor on the rear modulator,just joined the wires he said,I quizzed him on the part number for the front crank angle sensor but never heard from him,I couldn't find the part number anywhere, you can buy the complete modulator of course but it's a crazy price.
yea i picked up a nice clean front unit of ebay with the intention of just using the sensor as i'm fairly sure thats whats gone, but the 2 torx screws are well coroded in and am thin king i might just change the whole thing if it will work

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Quite a job. All to confirm that the modulator doesn't work !
I went through that using the modulators from my parked 97 only to find out that the problem was that my CT had worn to a small enough diameter that it was triggering a fault. Spooky one to as when to triggered it it sent the pistons over all the ports. I had rigid pedal and lever till I got slowed to the ABS threshold.. Really got my attention! :eek::

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Yep, I pulled the fuzes and rode it till I got a new tire. Then all was good again.

Top Bottom