Handle bar wobble '91 1100

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
If the only thing changed was the front tire, there's your answer.

What brand and model tire was replaced and what brand and model was installed?

The ST1100 decel hands-off wobble issue has been around since day one. It's not unique to the ST. IMO it's the result of designing steering geometry on a heavy sport tourer that's a compromise between sport handling and touring stability. Tires seem to be the most common suspension component associated with decel wobble onset, but others have been attributed to it also, like steering bearings.

If you do experience it, just don't take both hands off the bars when decelerating. Often, only a single finger on one bar stops the oscillation.

John
+1 on above. Mine does it too and everything is spot-on. I get my wobble around 35 mph. Exedra on front and Storm on rear. Like John said, just don't take both hands off the bars at the same time. Never had a wobble at higher speeds.

Bike
94' 1100 ABS
Bearing thread revival: Just ordered a set of tapered bearing from CBR Bearings for the 94'. Hope this fixes the wobble issue I have had on both my 1100's.

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
Bearing thread revival: Just ordered a set of tapered bearing from CBR Bearings for the 94'. Hope this fixes the wobble issue I have had on both my 1100's.
Remember to re-tighten about 500-1000 miles after installation they do seat in a bit.

Top Bottom