It's an Irish thing

Bike
2009 ST1300
Uhm.... To go for a Sunday ride you might not live through?.. not for me... boring American right?..lol...fun to watch no doubt...

Bike
2013 st 1300
I would love to watch it as well. Man, I watch the Isle of man, there is no way I could do it, but I'd love to watch the brave take their chances. I saw on one documentry that at least one participant has died every year of the Isle of man race.

How far do you have to go to watch?

OP
OP
CBR 46
Bike
ST1300
NW200 is about 3 hours away...Skerries 100 is about 20 mins...Kells, an hour or so....most of the others are up north but not as far as NW, so it 's just a matter of getting up early and arriving before the roads close.....you might be able to get live streaming of the racing from the BBC by clicking on the link here:

http://www.northwest200.org/

If you have access to BBC Northern Ireland there's programmes on tonight, Sunday and Monday nights

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
The Isle of Man is on my bucket list. Oh no not to ride but to go and watch for the week. This is road racing at its best. Is it crazy maybe, but at least there is controlled access to the roads. I have seen knuckleheads here in Colorado try to be Isle of Man riders on uncontrolled access roads. They are not very successful.

JPKalishek

Armadillo Kicker
Bike
2 '91 ST 1100
This sums it up for most of us I reckon:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41012

Can't wait to see it....oh, and I'm off to watch Micky D and William in action at the NW200 on Saturday.....bet ye're jealous:D
jealous. We don't seem to get them any longer, and when we did it was months afterward. I just have to hope someone puts the whole race up on YouTube or something.

OP
OP
CBR 46
Bike
ST1300
Just home a little while ago from the Northwest....definitely the best racing I've seen in years...can't wait for the highlights on BBC tonight

OP
OP
CBR 46
Bike
ST1300
Dunno, hope it's in the cinema...The craic was mighty in Carndonagh on Saturday night...we even had a gaggle of lassies trying to kidnap us into a dishco

Bike
Vstrom 650
Just watched Simon Andrews fatal crash on youtube,I'm sick after looking at it,poor fella,may he rest in peace.

JPKalishek

Armadillo Kicker
Bike
2 '91 ST 1100
Check out the BBC link on the NW200 site
Last night the highlights worked for me, but the replay either gets blocked for my being outside the UK, or if I proxy they don't want to load at all.

I am very sorry to hear about Simon Andrews.

OP
OP
CBR 46
Bike
ST1300
Yeah, that's the tough part of it and something that's difficult to deal with. A lot has been done to mitigate the risks and thankfully the incidence of death and serious injury has diminished over the last number of years. I've actually been frightened by some of the things I've seen riders do at road races in the desire to win. As they say over here, those guys have balls of steel.

Bike
Vstrom 650
There was a bad accident too with that French rider,dunno how he is now.There was a Scotch rider killed there in 2012,the organisers seem to want to sweep this stuff under the carpet. On the run home on Thursday evening the dual carriageway into Derry was like a race track,couple of things I seen there would nearly put me totally off the road racing,guys elbowing each other at ridiculous speeds to gain position,it is mental when you think about it,
I wish Simon Andrews had retired after all the previous accidents he had,funny I was reading he didn't have a bike licence to ride an ordinary bike on the road.the way he hit that kerb,it makes my blood run cold thinking about it.

OP
OP
CBR 46
Bike
ST1300
So it looks like the film is on in selected cinemas nationwide and throughout the UK on Wednesday night at 7pm only. It's to be followed by a live linkup to a Q&A session with William and Michael and John McGuinness.

OP
OP
CBR 46
Bike
ST1300
Well, I have to say that was excellent in so many ways.... lots of memories from when I was a young lad, great footage and very honest interviews with the bereaved...it was one of the most emotionally impacting films I've ever seen and it would be true to say that the majority of people in the cinema shed a few tears. The Q&A session with the lads and McPint was excellent too. I'm told that it's showing in selected cinemas over the weekend, so if you're in to road racing it's a must-see I reckon.

JPKalishek

Armadillo Kicker
Bike
2 '91 ST 1100
MavTV is now showing the 2013 races from Greenlight that were on Speed2 online, I hope they get to the ones from this year soon.
Guess I need to buy Lucas Oil for my bikes now (the owners of MavTV). I get Aussie Superbikes, Brit Sidecar and Motocross, Ice Speedway, and world championship Trials on there now and they are showing they have the rights to a ton more great stuff... I think I need a bigger drive in my DVR!
Thanks Mr. Lucas!

Bike
Vstrom 650
I got the ROAD dvd this week,great show and I really enjoyed it,very sad too but these guys know the risk,funny how John Mc Guinness was saying how it's totally mad to look at, but when your on the bike you think it will never happen to you.

Top Bottom