Which Nomar tire change?

OP
OP
river

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Boy, Mellow, that is nice. Been away from motorcycling too long, didn't even know they exist. Met a guy on a big KTM the other day, he said it is better off road while the BMW GS is better on road. That one looks like it will do well off road. Sure has some serious ground clearance. I see Honda has joined the fray now with a V4. Sure seems like it would open up new opportunities, esp. for motorcycle camping. Super Tenere = ST. LOL

Last edited:
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I have used a NoMar and Cycle Hill. I prefer the Cycle Hill's wheel clamps (optional on the NoMar), and recently bought one. They were on sale for $340 to your door. I will clamp a piece of 2"square tube to the bottom and use it as a hitch mount, then fab up a slip-on plywood piece to support the wheel while using the bead breaker (keyholes are already there). Slight advantage to the NoMar for already being a hitch mount w/bead breaker on top, but the Cycle Hill is every bit as good IMHO and is easily made into a hitch mount.
I'd love that air jobbie, but I can't justify it.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
I have started looking for a tire changer after just paying for my front tire with mount/ballance. Seems like I can get the tire cheaper and mount/ballance myself and save about 60 bucks.
Maybe not that much but you know what I mean.
I've been looking at the NoMar Cycle Hill model, have used there Classic model that a friend owns and liked it. Like the cost of the Cycle Hill even better.
Last time I was at Harbor Freight I looked at the tire changer and at first didn't realize it was the bottom section then you had to buy the motorcycle tire add on, the bead braker add on and so on, and now reading that all that needs to be modified to work. Just seems like a toss of the dice so to speak.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Re: Which No-Mar tire changer?

This is my Cycle Hill I bought used. I am half way to paying it off with my four tire changes (@ 25 bucks a piece from the dealer). Not to mention I can change my tires when I want, on a Monday, and not have to wait for the dealer to be open.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour

This is my Cycle Hill I bought used. I am half way to paying it off with my four tire changes (@ 25 bucks a piece from the dealer). Not to mention I can change my tires when I want, on a Monday, and not have to wait for the dealer to be open.
With the Cycle Hill on that block of wood do you still use the bead braker?

Bike
HONDA ST 1300

Wish we could buy these tyre changers at the right price in Australia, but unfortunately we can't, shipping cost make it too expensive to even consider it. I buy my tyres from Jake Wilson in the US and take my wheels off myself. The local dealer only charges $33 to fit the tyre and balance each wheel, so it would take a hell of a time to justify the cost of having a tyre changer sent out....but I'd sure like to have one!!

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #

With the Cycle Hill on that block of wood do you still use the bead braker?
Yes as I have three pieces of 4x4 blocks of wood to lay the wheel on. I only used the block in the picture becouse I did not have the stand adjusted for the garage floor slope. I normally do my tire changes out side in front of the garage, but it was cold and raining that day.

Top Bottom