Wrist Pain from Riding

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Not a recommended procedure in traffic, leave yourself an "out" from traffic coming behind you
Not just an out. There's the potential that when the light changes and everybody thinks it's time to go the car behind you does and you don't. While putting the bike back in gear or you start to drive off and realize you forgot to get in gear you get a rude surprise.

Get on the open road where you can put it 5th and leave it there while you relax your hand. Avoid heavy traffic that reduces you to slow and go using lots of clutch. Try not to push your clutch hand to the point of fatigue.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully :)
Bike
NT700VA
Ah, Yes. I'd forgotten you can only lane split in California! It's so much safer at lights being between vehicles.

Maybe it's time to lobby for lane-splitting (even if only at lights and junctions).

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Also get some grip puppies or super shark foam grip covers. These keep your hands from clamping tightly around the grips and also absorb vibration and allow more circulation through you hands.

Bike
ST
STOC #
I assume it's from leaning forward and putting my weight on my wrists. After riding the pain continues. Has anyone else experienced this? Suggested solutions?
The easiest way to take weight off your wrists is to ride as much as possible with the windscreen down all the way. Test it by lowering the screen after riding until your wrists begin to ache. Another easy help is to lower the seat as low as it goes. By not hooking the front of the seat on to the front adjuster the seat will be at the lowest.

Top Bottom