RoadSmart II Front tire.

Bike
ST1300/GSX1300R
On Sunday, June 1st, I took a ride in the country to the south of St. Cloud, FL and felt a slight 'buzz' a couple of times. Yesterday, June 3rd, I took my bike over to the shop. Carl looked it over and checked the front bearings, all ok. He was looking at the front tire and noticed it was worn out, I thought we replaced both tires in February '14, nope just the rear. The front lasted 12,000 miles, since January '13, a little over 61,000 to almost 74,000. I was ready to get something different, I guess I'll stick with Dunlop for a while longer. I've been reading about Bridgestone T30's and considered trying them. I haven't had real good service from them on my Suzuki, but a lot of good stuff has been reported about the T30. I may not now, the Dunlop's have shown me some good mileage.
Every front tire I've used has gotten worn off on the left side of the tread and scalloped badly, especially Michelin any model, but the RoadSmartII's showed the least of any tire's. According to Dunlop press releases they designed the RoadSmart II for the big heavy sporters like Hayabusa's and ZX-14's.

Update:
I got the new tire on and went for a short ride - 50 miles - What a difference!! I'll have to make sure I don't go that long again. AND an update on the mileage, it's 10,000 not 12,000, I put it on at 62, and some odd thousand, and replaced it at 72,335. The center harder rubber looked like it was raised up, the sides were so cupped that they looked worn away. I really want to try Shinko 009 - Raven tires. Shinko was the motorcycle tire department of Yokohama Tires, they sold it off to specialize on automobile performance tires, now Shinko also makes car tires.

Last edited:
Top Bottom