Vinny strikes again...

georgiast

Failure is NOT an option...
Well, Vinny strikes again...

Which is a good thing.

The stator went out on my 2011 WEE strom during a recent trip to West Virginia with a bunch of ST riders. That is what I get for trying to keep up...

Anyways, Vinny agreed to install the new stator despite his never having worked on one before.

The man knows his way around a motor-sickle, irregardless of the brand.

So, now I am back on the road again at a reasonable cost.

Now if I could just figure out how to get enough $$ to buy that NC700XD that Bug Dr. has for sale... :D

The Cheese

Glad to hear that Gene. Vinny is a one of a kind guy.

Hope ya can come to Jim's RTE in a few weeks.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
One of the things learned during this swap out... the electrical connections for the stator is cleverly tucked away behind the frame and the fuel tank on the right side of the bike. But not by much. This required the removal of the Tupperware and subsequently the fuel tank and air box to gain access to the connectors. Some of the airbox sensors sub harness was wrapped around the stator sub harness, helping to hold (conceal) the connectors from plain view. During the installation, we re-routed the stator wiring, re-routed the sensor sub harness and slit the mating end of the stator harness jacket about 2" and was able to position the connectors for easier access. If the job has to be done again, instead of taking about 3 hours, it could be done in about 1 hour on the side of the road. All in all, it was not a difficult job... just had to tread lightly in unfamiliar territory.

Top Bottom