Trouble posting pictures. Advice?

OK, so I created an album and tried to upload a picture.
Through the browse link I clicked on it, then clicked upload.
I then got an error message saying only the upload failed.
The picture is 2.86mb, well under the 250 mb max file.
I tried several times.
Was able to do an avatar, but would like to be able to post pictures of install issues, as well as show off the rides.
Thanks in advance.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Individual image upload size limit is only 146KB. That's 'kilo' not 'mega.' You'll need to resample/resize your image.

John

Last edited:

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
IINM, the Paint image program comes with most Windows machines. And it now has a a resize feature. Then use Save As and add a character to the original to make a unique file name. HTH

John

Bike
'06 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Joe, I just created my first album and uploaded resized photos per the guidelines you've set, it seemed to take them all without any problem and I could see the thumbnails in the album, but when I clicked on one of them it not only didn't load, but now I don't even see any of the thumbnails. And if I click on "My Albums" the album shows, but says it's empty.

What am I doing wrong??

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Joe, I just created my first album and uploaded resized photos per the guidelines you've set, it seemed to take them all without any problem and I could see the thumbnails in the album, but when I clicked on one of them it not only didn't load, but now I don't even see any of the thumbnails. And if I click on "My Albums" the album shows, but says it's empty.

What am I doing wrong??
When you uploaded, and it showed you the thumbnails - you have to click save as it's giving you the opportunity to add captions for each photo.. should be a save button there somewhere.

Bike
'06 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
When you uploaded, and it showed you the thumbnails - you have to click save as it's giving you the opportunity to add captions for each photo.. should be a save button there somewhere.
Ah, you mean after I was done with the 5 at a time and it showed me that list of tiny thumbnails? I didn't click "save" there, so I guess that's where I went wrong. Thanks! I'll give it another whirl. LOL

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Okay, I figured it out, but one more question: Once they're up there is there any way to reorganize their order?
Nope, the gallery function is not a very well designed feature of the base software sorry.

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
IINM, the Paint image program comes with most Windows machines. And it now has a a resize feature.
Thought I'd reply to John's old post.

I used Paint in the way distant past but never knew that later versions added this feature. Good to know.

For at least 7 or 8 years I've been using a free (for private use) program called IrfanView to manipulate picture size and to even save pictures in different file formats. It handles a wide variety of file types and is very easy to use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom