Motion Pro to be discontinued

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
A friend called me today to ask a couple questions about bleeding the brakes on a ST1300A. I suggested that he purchase a Motion Pro Brake bleeding tool, as I normally do, because of how easy they are to use. Well I stopped by his house after work tonight and he said he walked into the motion pro office and purchased the tool, however, he was surprised that the person who sold it to him said that they were going to discontinue making them! THE HORROR! He said the sales guy told him about their new and improved mini one, with the handle, etc. I'm sure they can sell them for more money, etc.
We need to stand together and email, call, or write to Motion Pro and demand that they continue to make and sell the simple version of this handy little tool.
If they stop making these.....I'll stop bleeding brakes!......well maybe not......but I will hold my breath for a long time....We need to let them know how many of these things we have purchased and use to service our bikes and other vehicles with.
Please help Igofar keep the MP tool alive!:please1:

Bike
07 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Re: The Horror!

That's too bad, I love mine but it's probably too hard to compete with the cheaper Harbor Freight and possibly other chinese versions.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I am sure it is all about marketing for the company and there is some engineer that has to justify his job so he created a new and better animal!!

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
I don't have one so if I'm going to get one before they are discontinued what is the model number of it?
I am due for a break bleed on the ST anyway.
On the 919 it's easy enough to just do it manually so I never needed one as of yet.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Igofar, your post made me finally take the five minutes to order one. I didn't want to wait until they were all gone, so I ordered one on Tuesday and it came Thursday, and now I can sleep a little better. Now to find some longer tubing and rig up a catch bottle. The search goes on for a stainless turkey baster.

John

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Igofar, your post made me finally take the five minutes to order one. I didn't want to wait until they were all gone, so I ordered one on Tuesday and it came Thursday, and now I can sleep a little better. Now to find some longer tubing and rig up a catch bottle. The search goes on for a stainless turkey baster.

John
What's the "old" part number you ordered?
and what's the SS turkey baster for?

RCS

The ST1300 has a linked brake system.

With a Motion Pro bleeder, how do you remove all of the old brake fluid in the lines between the proportion control valve and the front caliper and the proportion control valve and the rear caliper?

OP
OP
Igofar

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Just as good, or better, than a mityvac. I find it works better, IMHO, and moves fluid more smoothly than under pressure, which can cause micro bubbles and foam, that you cannot see with your eyes, so you'll have a better bleed when finished. I've let folks use their pump, and bleed their entire system, then when they were finished, re-did the entire process over again, in front of them, and not only got more air out, but got a firmer lever too. Once folks try the simpler method, they seldom go back to the pump, since the MP is easier to use, and there is no clean up involved afterward.
Perhaps someone will help me make a video of a bleed using it, the next time I do a service?

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Just as good, or better, than a mityvac. I find it works better, IMHO, and moves fluid more smoothly than under pressure, which can cause micro bubbles and foam, that you cannot see with your eyes, so you'll have a better bleed when finished. I've let folks use their pump, and bleed their entire system, then when they were finished, re-did the entire process over again, in front of them, and not only got more air out, but got a firmer lever too. Once folks try the simpler method, they seldom go back to the pump, since the MP is easier to use, and there is no clean up involved afterward.
Perhaps someone will help me make a video of a bleed using it, the next time I do a service?
http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0143-Hydraulic-Bleeder/dp/B000MXW2EM/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1404915892&sr=1-1&keywords=motion+pro+bleeder

Is this the one you use?

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
The search goes on for a stainless turkey baster.
I found the baster at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, locally, for under $10. Same one that Amazon sells.

John

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
I also have one of the (new) ones and one of the originals. The new one with the integrated lever/socket will not fit all the bleed points. I want to say there isn't enough clearance on one or both of the front calipers on the 1300 between the caliper and the fork. Because of that I ordered the original one but haven't used it yet.

Also you have to buy the new style for the size of the bleed point 8mm or 10mm. I think (been a while) but the calipers are all 8mm but the clutch is 10mm so you need both sizes. Another reason to go with the classic one while you can still get it.

Top Bottom