Road Smart II

[-][/-]I have been using a set for 7500 miles and they are the best set of tires for my 2007 st to date. I have used six other sets so far on this bike. Dunlops new Road Smart II is a great tire overall. Handling, mileage, they have it all. I just had to say something as I noted no reports on the IIs, just bad input on the old tires. Many tire manufactures got it wrong on non OEM tires for the ST. I showed a couple of sets to the manufactures of the other brands and they could not believe that I wore out the sides of the tires first! If you push a bike you will find that products have limits. Those companies went back to the drawing bourd and made better products. As for Avon, they do not make a tire with the correct load rating for the ST1300 Honda. Take a look in there tec. Book. Take care all

Jack B

Let's Ride
Bike
2013 F6B
I put a set on last fall. I don't ride hard but these tires are great. A lot better than stock.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I have heard the same thing from other riders who love these tires, I have never tried them. Keep us posted on the results you have for these tires.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
After the OE Dunlops that came on my bike and the severe problems they had with the first RS's, I could never bring myself to put another set of Dunlops on my bike.

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
I have them on my VFR & have two full sets as replacements on something for this year. Great tires, good grip, long wearing, don't track on the rain grooves.

My bike came with Dunlops, which I didn't care much for. Replaced with Bridgestones which I cared even less for. Then switched to Metzler, which I absolutely loved--until they quit making that model. They weren't the longest lasting, but stuck like glue, never fazed by anything, mid-corner corrections no problem. The new Roadsmart II is very close to that.

Bike
ST1300
I wore out the OEM Bridgestones in about 6,000 miles when I bought my '06. Replaced with RoadSmart and have had good luck - although I have gone to the Darkside for the rear. The fronts have been running between 12,500 and 14,000 without much problem, although they do have a tendency to cup if not kept at proper inflation levels. Have another on the floor now waiting for the wear bars to become clearly visible and I'll smile for another 12,000 miles!

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I had Road Smart II's on before my current set of Pilot Road 2's. I don't see a lot of difference between those 2 tires, both seem to do a nice job in the wet and both have given me about 9,500 miles of service.

Bike
ST
I have just put on my first Dunflop since I got caught up in the great Roadsmart failure several yrs ago.
My Dunflop failure was a full tank of fuel two states away.
I really liked the way they performed and their long life. ( I guess I am giving them a second chance)

Picked one up at the Super Store for a really good price.

nokesy

2007 ST1300A
Bike
2012 RSS Spyder
I have had several sets of roadsmarts on my bike then when to the Pilot 2. They were similar in performance but the Pilot 2 gave a little better millage, I have about 6800 on my new Pilot 4 gt and I lhave got to say they are excellent and they look like new.

Bike
'07 ST1300
On my third set now and not looking back. Great tire. Had the PR2's. They were great at warp speed through the curves. I like the Roadsmart better at lesser speeds because the bike does not flop into a corner.

Bike
ST1300
Paul, I got one from Super Store too and when I looked closely at the manufacture date I figured out why it was only about half price. The tire is over two years old. NOT a big deal, because I'll mount in the next week and it will be worn out by end of year, but for some riders they may be pushing the calendar life of the tire when it nears end of service.

Guess the hint here is to always question WHY a $150 tire is being sold for $72.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Paul, I got one from Super Store too and when I looked closely at the manufacture date I figured out why it was only about half price. The tire is over two years old. NOT a big deal, because I'll mount in the next week and it will be worn out by end of year, but for some riders they may be pushing the calendar life of the tire when it nears end of service.

Guess the hint here is to always question WHY a $150 tire is being sold for $72.
That is a great deal on a tire!!

That is a great deal on a tire!!
You'll see me passing up on that deal. I was left to rot[1] on the backroads with a Roadsmart a few months ago - a 1.5" x 3" chunk of outer carcass blew outta that tire.

[1] okay, we didn't rot, but had to wait 3+ hours for rescue to show up

Top Bottom