Any one using Turbo Tom or Turbo City mounts that hook to the existing screws, ????

perk263

perkSTer
Bike
2004 ST 1300
Any one that has the Turbo City or Turbo Tom brackets that mount to the screw holes at the side edges of the dash please answer my question. Do the brackets mount by just inserting the screw through the bracket or do you need to get behind it in order to add a nut? I made seat brackets on a friend's parts bender for a horse drawn buggy I built. I needed to make another set and bought my own parts bender. So I am thinking I will bend some round rod to the shape of the dash and maybe use six mounting holes, the two on each side and the two on the top where the push pins go. I have seen during my search on the forum some guys are using "U" nut s on the stop. I'm thinking a I use two 3X3 metal squares on each side and then a bracket or two in the middle are of the dash for ram mounts. Also if anyone has any of the other metal dimensions on the Turbo brackets I would like to know diameter and thickness of the plates. If this works out as well as my brackets for the horse buggy and I may have a second job.

Re: Any one using Turbo Tom or Turbo City mounts that hook to the existing screws, ??

I have only worked on my own 1100...so forgive me if I have a very unclear of just what you're up against here. but, what came out of the hole? (ome hardware that is) if it's a screw/bolt then ,worse case you'll have to trade up to a longer one. that's assuming that it'll be sturdy enough to support the selected mounting hardware. I did try to look up t.t.or c. brackets but couldn't find anything...a link or three wouldn't hurt. if you look up the shelf assembly on one of the online ome parts supplier's you should be able to figure out what there for mounting to. and what you'll have to work around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
perk263

perk263

perkSTer
Bike
2004 ST 1300
Re: Any one using Turbo Tom or Turbo City mounts that hook to the existing screws, ??

I have only worked on my own 1100...so forgive me if I have a very unclear of just what you're up against here. but, what came out of the hole? (ome hardware that is) if it's a screw/bolt then ,worse case you'll have to trade up to a longer one. that's assuming that it'll be sturdy enough to support the selected mounting hardware. I did try to look up t.t.or c. brackets but couldn't find anything...a link or three wouldn't hurt. if you look up the shelf assembly on one of the online ome parts supplier's you should be able to figure out what there for mounting to. and what you'll have to work around.
Thanks for the response Waldo. I have received a few other messages from other people too. In case anyone else was wondering why I did not include any links it appears these items are no longer made, or at least I'm not smart to find where they are sold LOL. I did get a PM from Tom and he answered my questions. As always this is a great forumn.

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST1300
Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300

I bought a couple of those small rear view mirrors sold elsewhere on this site (and decided the ones sold by whitehorse gear were better) but was left with no good place to mount them. I did not want to put them on the mirror and there was no other good place to mount them. I considered sticking them on the windshield, but then they would move up and down and I did not want that variability. So, I took a 3/4" wide strip of 1/8" aluminum about 4" long, bent one end out and put a little twist in it. Drilled two holes center to center the same as the screws you are talking about, and mounted my new bracket using stainless sheet metal screws (#6 x 3/4, I think) from Hopot. The length was selected by adding the length of the orginal screw, the 1/8" thickness, plus the depth the old screw head was recessed. They hold fine in the socket provided by Honda. Your new shelf's stability will depend on the weight supported by the shelf and the bracket's geometry.

I'll post a pic of my bracket tomrrrow.

Edited: Tomrrow is now today. I've posted a short description of the blind spot mirror brackets and pictures here:

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?139794-Blind-Spot-Mirror-Bracket&p=1773671#post1773671

Last edited:
Top Bottom