The black hole?

I don't know if I'm the only person with this problem, but it seems every time I lift my tank I drop some sort of hardware between the air box and the frame. When I first got my bike one of the rubber pads came off my tank and fell in never to be seen again. There was another time I dropped a screw and miraculously it fell all the way through to the bottom lip of my Tupperware. Today I was changing my air filter. I was putting the tank back down and holding the two front shouldered washers in the rubber boots and the tank caught on the edged of the fairing and for some reason I lifted my hand to see where it was catching and instantly the left shouldered washer fell in between the air box and the frame. I have a feeling its sitting on top of my engine. I had a spare shouldered washer I put back in place.

Do I need to make an effort to find this washer or will it fall out over time? My only concern would be if it would wedge under a wiring harness and abrade something over time. I really don't feel like pulling the plastic off my bike to look for this washer. Any suggestions?

Appalachian

No, the OTHER left!
Bike
Ever evolving
Mine ate quite a few fasteners over time, no ill (other than delaying the finish of the project to secure additional fasteners) ever came of it.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Just checking in to confirm that the black hole is not an ST nor Honda exclusive. My Triumph has one too and it's pretty much a nekkid bike.:shrug2:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Consider it a time capsule, what wonders await when you remove the airbox the first time?

Top Bottom