start switch

Bike
st 02 & 03
Hello good folks,
Well as some of you may know my girl has done 100k and she runs a sweet as a nut....................but I have started to notice that the start button is just getting a bit lazy, that it to say she don't fire first press every time, I even think some times that I have a flat battery (which I don't)

So question,
is the R/H cluster a straight swop? plug and play item, or can I take it apart and tweek or replace any part that could be worn.

Thanks for your time and company

Warm regards Chris

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
The switch groups can get full of crud, especially if they have had WD40 or GT85 sprayed in there, which retains dirt beautifully.....

If you remove the screws securing the group to the bar, noting the lengths and from which hole they came, you can flood the switches with spray contact cleaner, then protect with ACF50 or dielectric grease ONCE working... don't re-protect until working...... an old tooth brush can aid in the cleanout, but protect the tank cover and other surfaces when doing this.... and be careful when cleaning as the push switches often have a little spring in them which you can displace if over enthusiastic when cleaning....

Do the same to the starter relay connector.... the kill switch should be covered by the first step.....

I would do both switch groups, if none is temperamental then the other will be similar, usually evidenced when the hi/lo headlight switch gets a bit flaky......

Top Bottom