Clutch biting when hot

OP
OP
acaffair
Bike
ST1100
Okay, I don't know the specifics, but my local Honda dealer told me that years ago they had problems with a bad batch of rear wheel
"spiders" (the five fingered part that engages the alloys in the rubber cush drive).

Apparently some were fitted that were the wrong dimensions and were going too deep into the final drive. Like I say, don't know the specifics, but if you can compare with a known good one, it should be obvious.

I had clutch judder problems and found the metal clutch plates had "blued" with heat and distorted. Replaced offending plates and renewed first and last friction plates... all okay now.
Well having rebuilt the engine having renewed the clutch damper shaft parts, complete clutch assembly, changed the master cylinder, the problem is still there. But not able to give it a good run because of the weather.

Now that is interesting, i changed the spider last year because the splines on the old one was getting worn, it was second hand but hardly used? If the fingers were slightly longer then when it warms up could press on the wheel below the cush rubbers and cause this problem. I have dumped the old one but will grind off the fingers slightly and see how that goes. Never ever have thought about that.
DOUBLE SIX - Thank you

This is miles2go in Orlando, Fl. As of the end of May 2023 ACE Cafe' Orlando has shut their doors for good to make room for condominiums. No word on where and even if another ACE will be built here. Have had lots of fun during Bike Night on Thursdays over the last several years. Even got to ride there and hang out with my youngest son before it closed. It's the little things.
20230119_213302r.jpg
20220922_203657r.jpg

Top Bottom