93 discs and calipers. Will they fit a 2000

Bike
2000 ST 1100
I have been offered a complete sets of disc and calipers from a 93 non ABS pan. Will they fit my 2000 non ABS. The discs are almost new

Bike
ST1100Y (2000)
STOC #
There will no doubt be better qualified people than me along if I get the answer wrong, but I think they will fit. There were no changes to the non ABS models parts. Sounds like a bargain.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
There will no doubt be better qualified people than me along if I get the answer wrong, but I think they will fit. There were no changes to the non ABS models parts. Sounds like a bargain.
I think that's correct. For sure the ABS rotors/calipers changed when ABSII came along, but AFAIK the non-ABS rotors/calipers never changed. I swapped my non-ABS rotors out recently with a set from a different model year, but don't know what year bike they were from. My bike is a '97.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I have been offered a complete sets of disc and calipers from a 93 non ABS pan. Will they fit my 2000 non ABS.
Yep, same model (non ABS), no changes over the years.

Note the paper shims when swapping the rotors!

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
???
Don't believe I have seen these and they do not show on the fiche.
I swapped rotors a few weeks ago and remember seeing them. Wasn't expecting them, so a couple fell on the floor before I noticed where they fell out from. Can't remember for sure if all the bolts had them, or just certain ones. If they are there in some sort of shimming capacity, then the new rotors aren't likely to require the same shimming as the originals anyway. If they're just there for insulation of some sort, then swapping them over to the new rotors is probably a good idea.

Last edited:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
If they're just there for insulation of some sort, then swapping them over to the new rotors is probably a good idea.
In my understanding are their essential... thermal and corrosion issues...
Clean the contact/mounting surfaces and them paper shims; I stick them into place with a slight smear of marine grease before placing the rotors on the hub.
Also check for thread-lock on the mounting bolts and, as always: proper torque...

Top Bottom