Fork oil height for '01 ST1100A

Bike
2001 ST1100A
STOC #
Will someone please supply me with the correct measurement, from a Honda service manual, for the fork oil level height measurement for an '01 ST1100A? While you are at it, will you please provide the Honda recommendation for the volume measurements also?

My Haynes manual has a measurement for the right fork and another measure for a right fork, which is an obvious misprint. The two numbers are different enough for me to assume which one is correct for the right and left, based on the comparison of the specified volume measurement which ARE listed as a right and a left, but I would rather be sure.

I am changing fork oil tomorrow and would like to get it correct--per HONDA's manual!

I have entered the desired request into the SEARCH box but did not find a specific response.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
My manual covers up to 1999, but I'm going to assume that nothing changed in the few years after that.

Right fork level 140mm, volume 533ml
Left fork level 136mm, volume 486ml

OP
OP
Rascal1
Bike
2001 ST1100A
STOC #
I changed the fork oil yesterday and what a difference a day makes! The right fork had about the correct amount of oil in it, but the left fork only had about 1/3 of the recommended oil volume, and what was there was as thin as water.

My 2001 ST ABS has 57,000 miles on it and I got it with 52,000, so I don't know if the fork oil has ever been changed. I installed the recommended amount of Belray 10wt and tried it out today. Smooth as silk on smooth roads, soaks up small bumps as it should, and sticks well in these mountains. Before the change the bike beat me to death, and now it rides and handles as it should! :)

The information on this forum is invaluable for an ST owner! Thanks! :)

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
its always nice when routine maintenance actually makes a noticeable difference.

FWIW, I've owned the same ST for 17 years and I continue to change the fork oil with every front tire change, which is about 9k miles for me. For reasons I've never quite understood, the ST tends to dirty up its fork oil more quickly than other bikes I've owned in the past, so changing it often is not a bad idea.

Top Bottom