Refilling empty front brakes ST1100

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Putting back together the front brakes on my spare 1100. No ABS. No linked. Pretty sure I remember reading that it might be a good idea to fill empty lines from the bottom up. Search does not find the procedure however.

I could just use my Motion Pro bleeder a la Mr Igofar in the conventional way but would kind of like to try the reverse method. Just not sure how to handle the two bleeder valves so as not to let any air in. Also, how would one handle running out of fluid in the big syringe without having an air problem as well?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Purchase an old style metal oil can with a rigid tube spout..dedicate this to brake fluid fluid only...put clear tubing over end fitting and secure it. Fill will clean dot 4 brake fluid...open master cylinder...place tubing over bleed nipple...open blender...gently pump fluid into nipple watching level in master cylinder. After you have filled the line then use motion pro tool and do normal bleed. The oil can is much safer than a syringe because it won't fly off and spray you...or rush too much fluid in by accident.

Top Bottom