brake pad differences

Bike
st1300
i have a 1994 st1100 abs tcs, the pads are due replacing front and back.
myquestion is, whats the difference in the callipers ? and what pads should i use?

the thing is, i'v "REMOvED" the abs tcs...
the sensors have been removed, the pumps have been disconnected, the plug connections seperated behind the screen, and the bulbs removed.
the bike just rides as a normal bike.

so do i fit non-abs pads ? or are they different in some way that they won't fit, and i'd be better just sticking to original fit.

t.i.a. :confused:

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
The first generation ABS like you have uses the same pads as the non-ABS bikes, only ABSII has different pads. If you don't go with OEM pads make sure you get pads that have a HH friction rating, otherwise they will be inferior to the OEM pads and you won't be happy.

OP
OP
kenG
Bike
st1300
CHEERS, i ordered GOLDfren ceramic carbon pads, 1 set of fa196hh and 2 sets of fa142hh, hopefully will do the job.

i was getting confused why they were advertising abs and non-abs,, ebay for the stupid aka"ME".

thanks again

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
i was getting confused why they were advertising abs and non-abs,, ebay for the stupid aka"ME".

thanks again
the better way to differentiate them would be LBS (linked braking system) and non-LBS. The ABSII bikes also had linked brakes, which use a much larger pad surface (at least in the front, not sure about the rear)

OP
OP
kenG
Bike
st1300
got them, and got them fitted,
seems i could have just ordered 3 front, rear is the exact same, just a bit thicker.

weather is dismal right now, next journey is to get a pair of T30 tyres on. going to give them a go.

surprisingly not a sticky piston on the 20 year old gurl.. all fitted easily.

Top Bottom