Ok, it's official, Joe put me in the Wing section...

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Hi All - I sold my '04 ST last night... Kinda sad to see it go, but the feller that bought it from me was so happy...
Finally, after years of riding solo, my girl, Peggy likes to ride on the Gold Wing. The first time she rode with me on it,
she said, "Oh, this rides so nice, why didn't you tell me??" "What??" I said, "I've been telling you for years I'd LOVE
to have you ride with me, and I'd get a Gold Wing instead..." In any event, I'm glad she enjoys riding too...

Not ready for the DQ yet or, go to any "Wing-Ding" ( Geez, what a name... ) I love hanging with all the friends
I've made here over the years, so I'm not going anywhere... :)

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Well I hope she rides with you more than Judy has with me. I bought a Wing thinking she would ride with me. In 26,oo miles, she rode maybe 100 miles. I bought the ST and got rid of the Wing. In the last seven years, she has rode maybe 50 miles with me. And she likes the ST a lot more. But she keeps telling me she wants to ride my DR650. I don't get it.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
We are happy to have you in our group... after all, we are the best of the "Best"!.... LOL, but don't let that secret out, geeze, we would be inundated with wanna be's. The wife and I have had a couple of two week, two up trips on the wing... she loves it! Once you get the foot pegs worn down a little, you can just about corner as well as the 1300... but you gotta wear those pegs down first. Enjoy!

OP
OP
skidlid1300

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Well I hope she rides with you more than Judy has with me. I bought a Wing thinking she would ride with me. In 26,oo miles, she rode maybe 100 miles. I bought the ST and got rid of the Wing. In the last seven years, she has rode maybe 50 miles with me. And she likes the ST a lot more. But she keeps telling me she wants to ride my DR650. I don't get it.
Pffft.... Women.... Lots of things that trips their triggers...

Attachments

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Now you just have to get a vest so you can start collecting patches and pins. I almost forgot, make sure that you and Peggy have the matching shirts the same color as your Wing. Just kidding. We love our Wing, but Janis made me keep the ST also.

John and Janis

Bike
BMW K1600GT
Be careful what you ask for. I bought "Household Six" a new Nolan N104 with B-4 so she could listen to her tunes on long rides. This was a 700.00 investment. She then discovered she could intercom me. Now my normally quite ride is interupted by miles and miles of "hey look at that", "hey are we there yet ?", "hey I forgot my lipstick", "hey my butt hurts", "hey did you really like those curtains?" So I figured Ok, I'll get her more entertainment back there. I got a small tablet and designed a cover to protect the screen from sunglare. I loaded up her favorite movies and thought I would be happy again. Nooooooooooo. Now I hear "hey I wish you could see this", "hey am I fatter than Jenifer Anniston?" I like it better in the old days when she fell asleep and the only thing I would here was her helmet knocking againsts mine during a stop or slow down. Be careful what you ask for amigos:(

Bike
BMW K1600GT
Hell I forgot the best part. When we travel she gets both panniers and the top case for her shoes, girly stuff, and more girly stuff. I get the whole tankbag. Be careful what you ask for. A wing may not be big enough.

OP
OP
skidlid1300

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Hell I forgot the best part. When we travel she gets both panniers and the top case for her shoes, girly stuff, and more girly stuff. I get the whole tankbag. Be careful what you ask for. A wing may not be big enough.
That's why I haven't told her the Wing has a intercom capability... :chatter:

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
It can be a lot of fun!
Maybe we'll meet Peggy at ArkanSTOC ?
Ron is not that brave! Look how long it took Dana to come around.
I remember when Dana use to be nice. :D I'm sure I'm going pay for that! You know we love you girl! Always look forward to seeing both of you! And I'll be there to keep an eye out for Larry Tim!:D

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Ron is not that brave! Look how long it took Dana to come around.
Always look forward to seeing both of you! And I'll be there to keep an eye out for Larry Tim!:D
Yea, she probably wouldn't let him wear the horns and sing.

Will be a great gathering I'm sure.

Thanks Keith, unfortunately there are too many "Larry's" out there today.

OP
OP
skidlid1300

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Yea, she probably wouldn't let him wear the horns and sing.

Will be a great gathering I'm sure...
How do ya think I got her interested in me in the first place??? She just can't resist! LOL

Top Bottom