bogging down under load

Bike
St1100 abs/tcs
hi guys earlier this year i had a problem with carbs (choke stuck on) striped down to carbs and found the lead choke pin, the nipple had snapped off in the open position anyway bought some new carbs off the bay and fitted them. bike runs well on idle and will blip through revs but as soon as you put her in gear and pull away she bogs down. i have changed the air filter and plugs any ideas please

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Another case of a torn diaphragm inside the auto fuel valve?
Might still open enough to satisfy idle and no load, but will starve the engine under load/high revs...

Other causes could be too rich mixture, other vacuum leaks...

Bike
1999 ST1100
Another case of a torn diaphragm inside the auto fuel valve?
Might still open enough to satisfy idle and no load, but will starve the engine under load/high revs...

Other causes could be too rich mixture, other vacuum leaks...
+1 to the above.
Remove this vacuum pet cock. I had the exact same issue (as many have had). The removal is easy...takes only 10 minutes.

The first pic below shows what you should have. The 2nd pic shows after the removal....+ you see I've used a high tech method of plugging the vacuum hose using a golf tee. Don't forget to plug the vacuum line. Also you'll see I've switched over my fuel filter to a glass enclosed/changeable cartridge type of filter. You may have the original style of filter. No need to cut fuel hoses as the line going to the carbs slips right to your fuel filter.
Petcock.jpgPetcock 3.jpg

OP
OP
Bike
St1100 abs/tcs
thanks guys and thanks jonny for the pics i know the one you mean and i was thinking along the lines of fuel filter. i will trty this out this weekend and let you know
cheers.

Last edited:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
You can also use one of the bracket-to-air filter box to plug the vac. line. It's right there nice and handy.

Top Bottom