Need to take slack out of throttle cables

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
Guys: I need to take some slack out of the throttle cable, there is too much "lash" there for my liking. The adjuster on the bars is at about the last of its threads.
I assume I need to get to the other end of the cable. How do I get there? I guess it is a tank lift, and remove the airbox - is that all, or do I need to get in deeper?
This is all a result of a major strip-down by (another) Honda dealer, while investigating my coolant leak, I guess they put it all back to together and left too much slack in the cable.
Thanks for any pointers !

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
From memory:
Start at the back and take the seat off and air filter shelter.
Pull the Left panels and the pocket off as well.
Now look in front of the gas tank on the left side below/behind the frame member that goes across to right side.
If you can get your tools in there to access the ends of the cables great.
If you can't you get to pull the tank too.
Remember to pull the electric connector on the Left of the gas tank behind the frame member or you'll be doing some soldering!

Bike
2005 BMW RT
Guys: I need to take some slack out of the throttle cable, there is too much "lash" there for my liking. The adjuster on the bars is at about the last of its threads.
I assume I need to get to the other end of the cable. How do I get there? I guess it is a tank lift, and remove the airbox - is that all, or do I need to get in deeper?
This is all a result of a major strip-down by (another) Honda dealer, while investigating my coolant leak, I guess they put it all back to together and left too much slack in the cable.
Thanks for any pointers !
You have got it. Once you remove the top and bottom of the air box you will have access to where the throttle cable attaches to the throttle body.

Top Bottom