Surprising Seat Pictures and a Question

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I could not take my seat any more. I ordered some gel to insert in my seat, and when I took off the cover these pics show what I found. Interestingly there was no typical foam as I have seen before, just a rubbery base and it's covered by what looks like 1/8" sofa foam. Does anyone know who manufactured this or what it is... OEM, a specific manufacturer, or even the work of a furniture shop?
Ron

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
You need to buy a used seat from the for sale section and send it to Spencer. You'll love it. Best bang for your buck. I love mine.:tb1:

OP
OP
RONST1300

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I ordered a stock seat off of Ebay Friday. It came today, Monday. It looked much better than mine ever did, and I could easily tell it was stock. It looked brand new, but still was not that comfortable. Anyway I already sent it off to Frank for the Spencer treatment. We'll see how it goes.

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
No that is definitely not Supracor. I have been using Supracor for years and it is a honeycomb polyeurethane material - opaque. It is by far the best material available for a seat in my opinion. I do not like gel at all as it insulates too much and can be very very hot to sit on. Supracor being mostly air allows heat to transfer and also molds and supports and does not create pressure points. I use a small piece of supracor under my sheep skin pad and it works wonderfully on my KLR650 seat. I have a Russell seat on my St that needs no pad for all day comfort.

Dan

OP
OP
RONST1300

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Update on the Seat. Bought a like new seat on Ebay and sent it off to Frank at Spencer. I just got it back today and it seems wonderful. I have a 29 inseam and and both feet are flat on the ground. Also the cutting and new material feels real good as well. I can't wait to try it out. I have about 220 in it if you are wondering. Spencer was about 90. I was using a Corbin seat while it was worked on, and I hated that more than the old one with rubber crap in it.

Top Bottom