Penske 8983 rear shock mounting question

Bike
ST 1300
Hey guys, So after much consideration on rear shocks I have gone with the Penske. Reviews was one reason, name was another, but the biggest determining factor was the fact that Penske is 10 minutes from my house and I figured if I ever had a problem I could take it directly to them.

So my question is this. The shock mounting is straight forward but the mounting of the reservoir not so much so. For those of you that have this shock, how did you mount you reservoir? Looking at the installation parts they give you two hose clamps and two rubber mounts that look like they are more for a tube frame bike rather than a an aluminum frame. Honestly a little disappointed in the mounting kit for the price of the shock. I saw one person who made a nice bracket, but that was back in 08 or so, and I don't have that ability to do the same. Any help would be appreciated as I'm anxious to get the shock on to see how it works 2 up.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Take a small piece of angle aluminum and mount it to the bracket that the original adjuster was mounted to. You can do this just take your time and fabricate the bracket that will work on the ST. Good luck.

Top Bottom