Ventz

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
A guy on DeauvilleUK.org just posted that he won a pair of these in a competition, thought you folks might like to see the website for an unusual but what looks like, effective product....

http://www.ventz-range.com/

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Firstgear has (had?) vents like that built into its Scout line of jackets. They were made of leather and had a zipper and snap arrangement that held the vent open or closed. I used mine a lot in the summers and found them very effective.

The clip-on design is a good idea, bit I'd be concerned about what they'd do on impact.

--Mark

OP
OP
Firstpeke

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I take it you didn't read the FAQ section then.......

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I don't know about the injury part but I ordered a pair to try. I have used my LD comfort shirt wet under my KLIM jacket and it cools and vents well but the sleeves did not pass much air so these may help. I don't think there is that much of a risk. Once I get them and see what they feel like I will know for sure.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I take it you didn't read the FAQ section then.......
I did, and the only thing I found relevant was this:

Could they shatter in an accident?
Ventz are made from shatter proof materials and the inside is synthetic rubber, making them both safe and comfortable.​

...which still doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about how safe they are. The vent structure is still plastic. Shatter-proof is good, but any energy you put into it has to go somewhere.

One thing I noticed in the pictures is that they all have the vent structure positioned over an area of the glove that looks armored. I don't think it's realistic to expect that it would stay there all the time.

I don't know about the injury part but I ordered a pair to try.
I'll be interested in what you find safety-wise.

--Mark

I would love to try 'em on my next summer ride.. Anything that helps me stay in my riding jacket is a good thing. One slight draw back is that they would seem to loose some effectiveness behind a fairing

PopJack

Die young, after a long life.
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I just ordered a set. I'm always trying to get air up my sleeves and this looks like a good enough idea to try!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I ordered a pair to try
I glanced at the ad but since the manufactures is in Oz I didn't read it. Where did you order them from? I guess that they could be pretty effective. Thinking back to the days when I didn't where any motorcycle oriented gear I remember various jackets blowing up and me looking like the Sta-Puf marshmallow man. As for being behind the shield with risers my hands are pretty much in the jet stream. My only concern is getting a bee or yellow jacket up my sleeve. Is there a mesh behind that grille?

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Yes there is a mesh in the grill I orderedmine from the UK. Will see how they are I will let you know once I get them.

OP
OP
Firstpeke

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Here's the OP form the DeauvilleUK forum:

Quote/
For some years now, I get my newspaper (Herald - formerly Glasgow herald) online.
last Satuday, I was glancing throgh it and noticed a competion for a set of the above.
These fit in your sleeve and let air up one the arms to cool you on hot days.
1 st so many correct answers get a free set.
as the contact was only a mouse click away, i submitted
I got a set in the post today,
will let you all know if any good
SMcG in (not very hot) Glasgow
/Quote

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
well mine have been shipped not sure when I will see them I have a trip planned next week it would be nice if I got them before that but we will see its a good idea. I never liked the idea of riding with the sleeves loose as if there is a get off there goes your protection from road rash this would seem to eliminate that issue. I will let you know how they work out.

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
I just ordered a pair in white. Looking forward to sharing some pictures & usage details! (I must concede - the weather so far has been fantastic, not really warranting any cooling solution so far this summer)

Regards,
Vishnu

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
At first glance, they look like a prettyy good idea and product, and WOULD help cooling. Yea - They definitely would puff up the jacket, but could be "adjusted" or "choked down" with favorite tape. Worth a try.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
My daily jacket is mesh so I'm guessing these wouldn't do anything. But interested nonetheless.

Top Bottom