3/8" hose under bike

PopJack

Die young, after a long life.
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
While going over bike, I found a rubber hose that is obviously loose at the top connection point. I was not planning on taking off the tupperware and am hoping that someone can help tell me what it is so that I remove the minimum amount of plastic.

It is about 3/8" with an inside diameter of 3/16 or so. It is obviously a vent of some kind. There is another hose held near it loosely in a bracket- maybe 1/2" in diameter.

When I tugged on it, it came down to the garage floor, so somewhere along the line I have taken it loose and not replaced it.

It seems that whenever this bike has had a problem, it has been tracable o me- and I suspect this is a similar case.

OP
OP
PopJack

PopJack

Die young, after a long life.
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I think I have it figured out, but would really appreciate anyone telling me if this looks right.

There are a total of three hoses that come down behind the oil pan. Of these, one seems to stop and open right there, while the others (for reasons I don't know) seem to sweep forward and end at a second bracket. Like so:

20140809_164721.jpg

Does this look right?

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Yes PJ, just like mine. :yes: But, mine has a ziptie (has had it from the factory) around the two that drop through the forward loop.

Top Bottom