Your loyality tested

Bike
BMW K1600GT
You are offered any motorcycle you choose, free of charge. The bike has a lifetime warranty and includes routine maintenance. This is the only bike you are allowed to own going forward. What ride do you choose? The Bike does NOT have to be a current model. It does have to have been a production model at some point. No one of a kind (customs) allowed. I had this conversation over the weekend...really great conversation as everyone defended why they choose their ride.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Maggie has given me a blank check to buy any bike that I want at any time. Thanks to my 1300, I've never seen a need, or desire, to cash it.

John

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Maggie has given me a blank check to buy any bike that I want at any time.
[QUOTE;1782450]Well if you dont need it send it my way, I am sure I could find a use for it...LOL[/QUOTE]

He doesn't really have any!
Maggie tells him that, but then buys another bike!
:D

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Really? I've waited all my life for a bike that would get me back and forth on my commute and do double duty as a long distance tourer too.

The :bl13: comes as close to my liking as any bike I have seen or ridden. But, like Ash said/asked, for any bike to fit you, you have to make modfications, because the manufactures will never create a perfect bike that everyone would be happy with...it just can't happen!:well1:

Bike
'15 FJR ES
"No thanks."

--Mark
The eloquence of that statement is only enhanced by its brevity. Awesome.

I sat here thinking about how much I love my ST and how wonderful it is. Then I started thinking about Super Teneres and FJRs and V-Stroms and a whole bunch of Moto-Guzzis...

The truth is I am faithful to one woman in my marriage. I have no such restraints on my motorcycle love life.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I would want my last ST1100 back..... fully repaired of course...... best keeper I ever had until it got totalled....

I guess otherwise I would need to test a few first..... there was a time when a Honda would have been the only choice, now, not so much....

A fully fitted out NC750X does have an appeal mind you..... I also suppose if full maintenance and repair was included then a BMW might be an option...

One can dream.....

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Why are there no superbike takers yet?! ;-)

Maggie has given me a blank check to buy any bike that I want at any time. Thanks to my 1300, I've never seen a need, or desire, to cash it.

John
Yup, ditto. Except I'm starting to feel the 'desires' part creep in (the ST13 is darn heavy!), my wifey's name is not Maggie, and my wifey would go buy whatever I asked for me. :D

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Why are there no superbike takers yet?! ;-)
I toured on Yamaha sportbikes for years, my last being an FZR1000. Between the uncomfortable ride and chain maintenance it was do-able, but I knew better options were available. My friend and I rode from SoCal to Banff on a GSXR1100 and FZ750 back in the late '80s, so I know it can be done, or at least it was possible when I was a younger man. Now after 17 years riding the same ST, I've come to appreciate it as being not particularly good at any one thing, but its the most enjoyable bike to ride that I've ever owned. And now that I'm an old fart that isn't out carving canyons on the weekends, sportbikes have lost most of their appeal to me. Also, for me riding sportbikes always meant occasional crashing, and with the ST I'm less aggressive in my riding style, which is probably a good thing.

So bottom line for me on this question is I have plenty of spare cash laying around, but I'm still totally happy with my red '97 ST so I have no desire to replace it with anything at this point.

Bike
92 ST1100
As far as just flat out bullet proof durability, my 'bought new' 32yr. old Yammie XS Venturer 1100 shaftie would be a tough act to follow, for any bike choice.
Although, 10yrs. associated with my 92 STeed puts it right there with it ;).
Lots of fun, durable choices out there today, but don't see the 'need' with two of the best, toughest, durable scoots out there sitting at my disposal on a moments notice:D.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'm very happy with mine as it is... from the factory... no ergonomic changes needed. This is the first bike I am ready to go 6-8 hours in a day on. Already did two trips of over 5 hours each with only one gas stop and one quick lunch stop each.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I'd hide the ST1300 away someplace safe....then I'd take either the FJR1300, or a fully loaded up CanAm Spyder. (haven't ridden one yet, but they catch my eye a lot)

Top Bottom