Your loyality tested

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The top choices in my circle of gearheads were Erik Buells EBR RS, Ducati 1199R, BMW K1600GT, BMW R1200 GSA LC, Norton 750 Commando, Honda CB550 Turbo, MV Augusta F4, BMW HP4, Royal Enfield (military), Harley Davidson (Panhead), BMW R75.
There's an awful lot of nostalgia on that list. Everybody did understand that it's that bike and no others for the rest of their lives, right? I have lots of nostalgia for my old cars for the good times I had in them, but those times aren't happening again and there's no way in hell I'd want to drive most of them for the rest of my life.

--Mark

scootac

Will Ride for Food
BMW R80GS
Simple, reliable, lightweight, go anywhere I would want to go, with lots of character and class.
Not everybody has one... Or wants one.

Bike
ST1300A 2009
STOC #
Triumph Rocket: Coolest name on two wheels with a 2.3 liter in-line triple. A beautiful machine to boot. Would be happy to have that lifetime warranty with all the British bits that make up this cruiser.

imagesM47GXU4G.jpg

Triumph-Road.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
The bike has a lifetime warranty and includes routine maintenance? BMW K1600GT http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/bmw/2012-bmw-k-1600-gt-and-k-1600-gtl-ar97581.html

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I rode an '08 ST (Big Red) for 3 years, but had to sell her to pay medical bills after my wife's passing. Now, being remarried and sold my house, I was in a position to do almost that. The bike that I chose was.... an '09 St ( BR2 ). It's a pretty good ride to any mountains from SWLA, the ST gobbles up the miles. Then when I get to the curvies, she really does whatever I ask of her. I've added a few farkles, but that was for my taste and comfort. I guess I passed the loyalty test. I tried to post pic, but upload keeps failing. :tb1:

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Despite how disappointed I am in Honda currently, I'd pick my ST under these circumstances.

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Interesting concept, makes for fun dreaming. But the novelty wore off my toys when I was five years old, and the same was true when I was fifty. Now, twelve years later, I tend to keep things longer. Thankfully, the one bike idea is just fictional, because I'd find that somewhat depressing, having been spoiled by my current stable. One machine which tours really well, but will move out smartly when the urge strikes. Another (adventure) which is big fun to flog like a sportbike, and yet does distance comfortably, and a third to appeal to nostalgia.
However, back to the original bit of fiction; Triumph Explorer XC, with a good bit of extra kit added!

Bike
97 ST11/06 ST13A
STOC #
I toured on Yamaha sportbikes for years, my last being an FZR1000. Between the uncomfortable ride and chain maintenance it was do-able, but I knew better options were available. My friend and I rode from SoCal to Banff on a GSXR1100 and FZ750 back in the late '80s, so I know it can be done, or at least it was possible when I was a younger man. Now after 17 years riding the same ST, I've come to appreciate it as being not particularly good at any one thing, but its the most enjoyable bike to ride that I've ever owned. And now that I'm an old fart that isn't out carving canyons on the weekends, sportbikes have lost most of their appeal to me. Also, for me riding sportbikes always meant occasional crashing, and with the ST I'm less aggressive in my riding style, which is probably a good thing.

So bottom line for me on this question is I have plenty of spare cash laying around, but I'm still totally happy with my red '97 ST so I have no desire to replace it with anything at this point.
1996 was the best year. 40 amp alt no California plumbing.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I've been a Honda rider for 30 years, but if I had to buy a new bike tomorrow, it would not be a Honda. I'm not sure what it would be at this point as there are many out there that I would like to sample.

Honda seems to be looking for the next big niche market. They still do the Goldwing better than anybody else can, but their sport bike and sport touring bikes are 2nd tier at best right now.

Last edited:

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I don't know what I did to be so lucky but apparently I won $1,500,000 in a U.K. lottery and it's been 3 or 4 years since I have been to England. How can I be so lucky, there must be a God! I guess I can buy what ever bike I want soon all I have to do is PAY a few fees and bribes ;) Please help me spend this small fortune ;)

Gerhard

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
The translation alone is a bit of a laugh...... "the package do not have a return address"......

I bet the package it doesn't exist.....

We don't seem to get too many scams generated from certain African states these days..... but we do get phone calls from another subcontinent about our phones or our computers having a problem with Microsoft operating systems....

OP
OP
Bike
BMW K1600GT
The results from this question is pretty much what I suspected. Many mature riders will not shy away from what they know (the ain't broke, don't fix it syndrome), despite receiving an "all expenses paid for" ride. Across the board, the younger riders must have the fastest, latest, most expensive ride they can get. A few yearn for the classics and will use that gift to get it (even if they are now stuck with it). Overall, Mother Honda has nothing to worry about because the ST1300 could remain in its' same form for another 20 years and most of you will still love it. That really says something about the engineers who designed it.

Top Bottom