Best Price on Extended Warranty?

If I remember correctly Honda Direct used to have holiday weekend sales, on line only, on the extended warranty at a very nice price. Are they still doing this? Has anyone else come up with a better price?

Thanks,

Len

OP
OP
lenparkin
I couldn't open Honda Direct's web site this morning. No problem earlier in the week. Also no announcement in the vendor's area of a holiday sale.

Len

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
The link worked for me Len.

I brought a printout of Honda Direct's holiday price ($450) to my local dealer and ask them to match it. They matched it. I also had a $100 off coupon from the Honda Red Rider magazine. So my net was $350, although I never used it.

If I were looking to buy the extended warranty, I think I'd go to dealers (or call them?) and offer $400 (or maybe $350) for the extended warranty ... someone may take you up on it, especially at the very end of the year.

well shoot i feel stupid, i paid 660 in march so i'm good till 2021.
new bike plus 4 year extra -= 2021

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
If any one here reads Consumer Reports, you will know that most extended warranties are a waste of money, but big money makers for those who push them. Most "issues" arise while the product is still under the OEM warranty and the cost of the extended warranty is usually close to, or more than what the average cost of a repair would be anyway. These things wouldn't be pushed by everyone from toaster sellers to car dealers if there wasn't a lot of money to be made. You are better off to put that money you would spend on an extended warranty into a "bike" account at the bank and use it IF, or when, you might need some repairs.

Bike
2010 ST1300
If any one here reads Consumer Reports, you will know that most extended warranties are a waste of money, but big money makers for those who push them. Most "issues" arise while the product is still under the OEM warranty and the cost of the extended warranty is usually close to, or more than what the average cost of a repair would be anyway. These things wouldn't be pushed by everyone from toaster sellers to car dealers if there wasn't a lot of money to be made. You are better off to put that money you would spend on an extended warranty into a "bike" account at the bank and use it IF, or when, you might need some repairs.
I agree wholeheartedly. Extended warranties are nothing but insurance. There are tremendous commissions for insurance agents and the few agents that I have known did very very well during their careers. Insurance is great for some things at certain times in your life (for example, if you are young, have kids and responsibilities, and need to provide for them in the event of a catastrophic accident, or to cover your house in case of fire) but it has been pushed far far beyond what is necessary for most of us. As Bush suggested, bank it, and it will be there when you need it.

One more point. Many of these extended warranties (esp. for cars) cover only the very durable major parts of the car (drive train) and specifically exclude wear and tear and the items likely to need replacement. These policies are often sold by third party insurers and I have heard of instances where they refused to pay for repairs that should have been included. Litigation is often not cost effective.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
Ok so...my extended warranty period has ended for my 2007 ST1300abs. The MOST reliable motorcycle I have ever owned in 40+ years of riding. I feel it was money well spent, at the discount I got at the time from NY Honda, for the piece of mind. I can only hope that my next bike, very likely a BMW GSA will have a decent price for an extended warranty, as I think will will be much more likely to need it. ride Safe brothers and sisters. The ST1300 is a wonderful motorcycle.

Top Bottom