Perfect riding playlist...

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I normally listen to audiobooks all the time. On a rare occasion I will put on some tunes. I'm working on the perfect riding playlist. I'm a firm believer that "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers is the BEST song to ride to hands down.

I'm looking for suggestions. What's your favorite, "I can ride all day" song.

Thanks!
I'll listen to books in the car but I find I concentrate too much on the bike and before you know it, I've missed 30 secs of the book. Do you experience this when riding and book listening?

Listening to music is no problem though.

I have 100+ songs on my MP3 with squishy, noise cancelling ear buds that conveniently double as ear plugs. My playlist is a mixture of everything from classic rock, oldies (Beach Boys, Buddy Holly, et al), lots of '80s, big band/swing (hard to beat some Glenn Miller or Sing, Sing, Sing by Benny Goodman for great riding music) and classical (there is so much classical music that perfectly fits the majesty of riding through the mountains). After a while though, I like to turn off the MP3 and just listen to the music of the bike itself.

That being said, add Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young to the list.

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300A Red
Can't believe no one mentioned James Brown. I tried Bob Segar, but keep going back to the Godfather of Soul.

Bike
2001 ST1100
Nickelback
Boston
Emerson Drive
Road Hammers

Are on my playlist
Maan am I old! Of the three I know Boston. Always liked them
But saw them at Chastain Park Ampitheatre in Atlanta. Worst Concert in concert history.

Bike
'03 ST1300
ABB's "Mountain Jam" is my favorite when I need to make a run to the grocery store and back...the long way!

Bike
2016 FJR1300ES
STOC #
Man, I am feeling old just reading though this liST. My favorites are Sting, Eric Johnson, Peter Gabriel, Kansas, Rush, Police, Eagles, U2, Chicago, Folgelberg, Dave Matthews, James Taylor, Paul Simon, Santana, Steely Dan, Beach Boys, Classical music (symphonies, piano concertos). I also have some movie soundtracks that I occasionally listen to like Pirates of the Carribean, Thor, Avatar, Dark Knight, etc....

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Pretty much any 80's rock. But I have a huge variety. Days of The New has a couple good cd's out there....

Top Bottom