Perfect riding playlist...

Bike
'04 ST1300
I normally listen to audiobooks all the time. On a rare occasion I will put on some tunes. I'm working on the perfect riding playlist. I'm a firm believer that "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers is the BEST song to ride to hands down.

I'm looking for suggestions. What's your favorite, "I can ride all day" song.

Thanks!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
From Electra Glide in Blue:

Prelude
Monument Valley
Morning
Monument Valley

Repeat.

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
Love Weird Al!

Also, I've been listening a lot to some of Steve Millers Top Hits. Joker, Fly Like an Eagle, Swingtown, etc. Very peppy, uplifting happy songs. Perfect to go along with a super happy ST ride :D :D

I also dig Metallica! But the sounds get distorted, while Steve Miller songs are in that "sweet spot" music frequency range that doesnt get too distorted when you try to listen to it while riding at 55 MPH or higher speeds.

Regards,
Vishnu

Anything from Weird Al Yankovic.

;-)

There are many good ones, but Radar Love springs to mind as a classic traveling song. The long version of Rush's YYZ also fits the bill.

Last edited:

STBernard

BlewBayou
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
There are some good War and Styx songs out there. Jason Miraz, Bruno Mars , jack Johnson, Sugar Ray and U2 can keep me going for a while.

JPKalishek

Armadillo Kicker
Bike
2 '91 ST 1100
I had earphones in the helms but only used them the very first trip. I just don't need music when I am on the bike for what ever reason. Now climb into the truck, and I MUST have a radio going or my mp3s playing.
My tastes are odd and my music ranges from Bach's organ music, ELP, Rush, Richard Cheese, Cab Calloway, Poe, Red Elvises, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Liquid Tension Experiment, Art Of Noise, Alan Parsons Project, B*tthole Surfers, Tab Benoit, Enigma (not good riding tunes... but nice to go to sleep), Foo Fighters (especially the covers, like Have A Cigar), Morcheeba (I'd marry Skye for her voice alone), Vince Guaraldi, White Stripes, Gogol Bordello, XTC, Yello, The Good The Bad And The Queen, Queen, and lots more.

Oh, and Weird Al has a new album out. Foil and Word Crimes are brilliant!

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Very peppy, uplifting happy songs.
+1...
Nothing exhausting, tiring, distracting, occupying your mind (like classical music or tracks like J.M.Jarr?, as much as I love them on my audiophile home stereo...)
Also nothing too metal, too belligerent, which doesn't make you "faster", only "aggressive" thus skittish and squarish...
A quality reproduction, and not just screaming, beyond recognition compressed MP3's...
Also the lyrics shouldn't be to "heavy" or too dark... (in this some happy sound tracks from Mike & The Mechanics, Bruce Hornsby or Chris Rea can already be borderline... ;-))
I run anything from the 70ies till today, as long as its good IMO... some AC/DC, some ZZ-Top, but nothing super heavy like Judas Priest... rock, pop, dance, anything... Billy Idol, Bob Seger, Springsteen, Bryan Adams, The Corrs, Flash & The Pan, Genesis, Rafferty, Huey Lewis, Icehouse, Manfred Mann, Men At Work, Nickelback, Robert Palmer, Texas, etc, etc...
Set to random-shuffle the +500 tracks will last for weeks of riding...

Some good old ballades have a slight dangerous effect on me, I can get really smooth and really fast on tracks from Journey or such... :cool:

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Can't help with specifics . . . I have about 1100 songs on my playlist.
On a ride, as the list starts playing the 2nd time through I switch over to XM radio.
Now favorite XM stations, thats another thread.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I have about 1100 songs on my playlist.
On a ride, as the list starts playing the 2nd time through I switch over to XM radio.
That is over 55 hours of music... it you ride long enough to hear it start repeating... you are a serious riding god!

Top Bottom