Perfect riding playlist...

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I don't listen to tunes on the bike. Lots, and very varied (love the neverending shuffle) at home or car. Car, what's that?
Anyway, to answer the question and if I have to choose, it might be Creedence.

Last edited:

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
That is over 55 hours of music... it you ride long enough to hear it start repeating... you are a serious riding god!
I suspect Highrider has a Zumo 550.

I have over 1000 songs as well and with the Zumo 550, the randomizer proves quite dysfunctional and it starts repeating only in a few hours--it simply does NOT have a true random play function through ALL of the music available to it. The only way around listening to the same short list of songs it is to 'Browse' for a new order of music "by Artist" or "by Genre", etc., then 'Play All'. You then get a different several-hour-long 'random' list. The only way to hear all the music is to occasionally delete 1 song (or add 1 song), then it will regenerate a new 'random' list (which again is not changed until you add or delete at least 1 song).
;-)

Last edited:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I have over 1000 songs as well and with the Zumo 550, the randomizer proves quite dysfunctional and it starts repeating only in a few hours--it simply does NOT have a true random play function through ALL of the music available to it.
That's a problem with lots of music players, largely because the hardware lacks a good source of random numbers. The best you can do in software alone is pseudo-random, so starting with the same seed means you hear the same stuff over and over.

--Mark

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
That's a problem with lots of music players, largely because the hardware lacks a good source of random numbers. The best you can do in software alone is pseudo-random, so starting with the same seed means you hear the same stuff over and over.

--Mark
I've got over 4,000 tunes on my 32Gb player, and yes, the random doesn't work well at all. I got around this with a method that gives me an interesting, almost random (random enough;)), selection of tunes.

As I was converting and preparing all the MP3s for the player I put the album track number in the title so each track is "01 - Song Title" or "06 - Song Title" and so on.

Then, in the player, I navigate to the list of all songs and start it playing from the first one. It then proceeds to play all the 01s in alphabetical order (after the track number it starts with the title itself) and then moves to the 02s etc. Takes me many, many months to get through all of them but there's no repeats.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Pat, good workaround. I too at times just play them alphabetically...only annoyance is to scroll far enough down the alphabetical list so that you hear different songs that the last time it played alphabetically.

Styles

2000 Non-ABS
Bike
'00 ST1100
STOC #
. . . Very peppy, uplifting happy songs. Perfect to go along with a super happy ST ride :D :D . . .
I don't listen now to music, but years back when I did Erroll Garner's piano licks, grunts and all, fit that bill. And to think, he never learned to read music.

Styles

Bike
2001 ST1100
I think what I've learned from this thread is that no matter what music we already love is just that much better when we are also doing something else we love. Radar Love is definitely a great driving song and there are others like "Driver Seat" by Sniff n the Tears. Non driving songs like "Trees" by Rush, "Roller" by April Wine, or even "Back Home Again" by John Denver just enhance the experience.
But lots of times I stop for gas or water and just listen to the music of the machine and its wind for the rest of the ride. That might be my favorite song.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I'd throw out (for pre-made varied list) the Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure soundtrack. Very upbeat, all no-name bands at the time the movie was released...

And everytime you hear "Play with Me" you'll get a smile thinking about the mall scene from the movie.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I have over 1000 songs as well and with the Zumo 550, the randomizer proves quite dysfunctional and it starts repeating only in a few hours--it simply does NOT have a true random play function through ALL of the music available to it.
Preferring redundancy systems never went for such a "all-in-one" GPS in the first place...
Sony car-stereo, IceLink adapter hooked to the CD-changer port, an iPod Classic there... [Random title] + [Shuffle all] does work perfectly... and the front panel of the Sony enables <, <<, and >>, > if the randomly selected tune just doesn't fit the mood at the moment...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Umm... wouldn't that be a 'cruiser' song. :burnout
LOL! :lol:
So you're implying that 'cause we ride ST's we're only entitled to listen to stuff like The Carpenters?? ;-)

BTW AC/DC: the very best tracks from Back In Black, The Razor's Edge and Stiff Upper Lip are certainly on my play list... :cool:

Bike
2007 ST1300
Rarely listen to music while riding but if I do, my mood dictates the artist.

Fast - Anything from Rage Against the Machine.
Moderate - Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Slow - I dunno, never gone slow. ;)

I have a metric buttload of music on my HTC One phone and like to put it on songs/random. If what pops up doesn't fit the bill, maybe the next will. I have everything from YoYo Ma and his magical cello to Frank Sinatra to metal. I draw the line at country tho.

Dennis

I subscribe to a few podcasts and save them up if a ride is imminent. Car Talk and BlowinSmoke are two of my go to favorites.

Bike
ST1300A
Only one song, not a whole playlist, but I can't believe nobody else offered this one up; The Doors -- L A Woman.
That opening riff is perfect for hammering the throttle as you leave town, ...

Aaaawwwwwwwww ...<shift> just got into town about an hour ago, <shift>
Dit duh dudda duh duh dududdah <shift> took a look around see which way the wind blows, ...

It doesn't get much better than that.

Last edited:

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Ozzy's Crazy Train ....... ALL Aboard HA HA HA HA..

Will be the first song queued up when I turn on the key to lead 3 full dress Harleys on a ride to West Virginia Friday morning.

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST 1300
Destiny by Stratovarius or Heading for Tomorrow by Gamma Ray starts my play list when I do a long trip. From there its a mix between Dream Theater, Opeth, Symphony X, Rush, and Gamma Ray.

I've found the random function on my MP3 works real well in keeping me from tiring from one band too quick.

Brian

Top Bottom