Jackets Olympia Motoquest Jacket

Louie Louie

I've been looking at this jacket and was hoping to get me some feedback or review. It's kinda pricey but sounds like a great product. I'm getting it as consolation for not being able to attend westoc!..

Thanks in advance

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
I've been looking at this jacket and was hoping to get me some feedback or review. It's kinda pricey but sounds like a great product. I'm getting it as consolation for not being able to attend westoc!..

Thanks in advance
Louie, this is Olympia's replacement for the Moto X jacket. I was wearing my Moto X, which I actually won from Olympia in a contest, during my m/c accident and it protected me very good. So good that is what I bought this time just b/4 they switched to the Motoquest. I love that water bladder on the back. Very nice on a hot day to grab the bite tube and get some cold drink. I would often stop at Mickie D's and fill it with sports drink. It has a ton of well places ventilation zippers so you don't get too warm. Mine has two liners, one for warmth and one for rain.

If you can find some place that still has the Moto X's on close out, you would be paying a lot less for just about the same thing.
Gary

OP
OP

Louie Louie

Louie, this is Olympia's replacement for the Moto X jacket. I was wearing my Moto X, which I actually won from Olympia in a contest, during my m/c accident and it protected me very good. So good that is what I bought this time just b/4 they switched to the Motoquest. I love that water bladder on the back. Very nice on a hot day to grab the bite tube and get some cold drink. I would often stop at Mickie D's and fill it with sports drink. It has a ton of well places ventilation zippers so you don't get too warm. Mine has two liners, one for warmth and one for rain.

If you can find some place that still has the Moto X's on close out, you would be paying a lot less for just about the same thing.
Gary
Thank you for the excellent review. Unable to find the X Motos but look forward to getting the Moto Quest soon!

Bike
2005 ST1300
I can't help you with this specific model but I can tell you we just bought our first two jackets from Olympia and have ridden about 4000 miles and we are very happy with quality and performance .

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
I've owned an Airglide II for a few years, and recently replaced it with an Airglide 4. Yes, I love that jacket. But, I needed an Olympia jacket for colder temperatures.

I looked at the Dakar jacket, and the Motoquest. After trying both of them on, I liked the overall feel of the Dakar better--it wasn't quite as stiff, and the liner that's against your skin (bare arms) feels much nicer.

I had sufficient funds to buy the Motoquest, but bought the Dakar instead, based on the way it felt on the body.

I drove to Chaparral Motorsports to try on all of their jackets (including Olympia, Klim, Alpinestars, Scorpion, and more). Being you're in Palm Springs, that's what I'd recommend.

Last edited:
Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I switched from Olympia to the Klim Latitude Misano. Now my rain protection is on the outside. Novel approach :rolleyes:

The Latitude is a technical shell. No liners or base layers included - I have lots of those already. The venting is well thought out and works.

I know that you were asking for opinions on a specific Olympia product but I thought I'd throw that out there as some food for thought.

`Best ...

Top Bottom