Rostra electric cruise control and pulse divider

What pulse divider do you use, do you get an FI light after a high RPM burst?

• Rostra divider, divide by 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Okay... this is a poll for an issue, finding the scope of the problem, and then solutions.
It involves the Rostra Universal Cruise Control System (250-1223) electric driven unit.

Two users have reported that using the Rostra made divide by 4 VSS pulse module is causing our bikes to throw a fault, the FI lights, ECM reports code 11.
The problem only happens when we hold the engine at a speed of 5200 for 20~25 seconds.

So if you are running the Rostra electrically activated cruise, can you take the bike for a spin and see what happens. Run 5250 (or more) rpm in any gear for 25+ seconds and see if you throw a code, seems to happen in any gear.

I would like to get the rostra electronic CC ordered with a pulse divider, who's a good source? Emailed murphs kits but got no.response. Is it best to.get the pulse divider seperately elsewhere to get the best functioning one or better deal? I put an ecc on my Yamaha Raider and don't want to do any distance riding without one, plus the ST is harder on my beat up old wrists. Thanks in advance for your suggestions! Martin

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
I have not had error code as of yet. 3 years with rostra on my current bike and 4 years on previous st1300, But i dont normally run 5200 rpm i will try this weekend

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Resurrecting an old thread. Last year I installed a Rostra unit with their pulse divider following instructions on this site. Thanks all for the effort put into this topic.
I'm having the same issue at or above ~5250 rpms as described here.
Did anybody manage to pinpoint the cause and come up with a solution?
I'm thinking that either the pulse divider "burps back" on the speed signal or draws too much and lowers the signal strength enough to trigger an FI code (11).
Any ideas?
Thanks,

t.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I use the Centrodyne and it is divide by 2. Not certain why the rostra is divide by 4, but I would look at that and then dip switch settings on 3, 4,5 and 6 for ppm. Or more simply change the pulse divider to one that is known to work.

Thnx for the reply. I think I'll order a Centrodyne then.
t.

I use the Centrodyne and it is divide by 2. Not certain why the rostra is divide by 4, but I would look at that and then dip switch settings on 3, 4,5 and 6 for ppm. Or more simply change the pulse divider to one that is known to work.

Thanks for the offer, I'll take you up on that... :)
Just got a Z063 from Centrodyne. I did a search on here about the jumper settings and the
C8 capacitor. Mine came set to divide by 2 and gain set to Gain C (Med to Hi, jumper 2-7)
Would I need to cut the C8? If I understand correctly it's not needed on the Z063.
My rostra is set to 19300 pulse per mile (had the infamous rostra divide by 4 unit)
If I set the Centrodyne to divide by 4 can I leave my Rostra dipswitches as they are?
(below 5100 rpm it worked perfect, my only problem was the EFI light above that)
Should I leave it at gain C or just remove the jumper and set no gain at all?
thnx again for the help!

t.

If you need any help with the install or settings, let me know and I will try to help.

Last edited:
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Thanks for the offer, I'll take you up on that... :)
Just got a Z063 from Centrodyne. I did a search on here about the jumper settings and the
C8 capacitor. Mine came set to divide by 2 and gain set to Gain C (Med to Hi, jumper 2-7)
Would I need to cut the C8? If I understand correctly it's not needed on the Z063.
My rostra is set to 19300 pulse per mile (had the infamous rostra divide by 4 unit)
If I set the Centrodyne to divide by 4 can I leave my Rostra dipswitches as they are?
(below 5100 rpm it worked perfect, my only problem was the EFI light above that)
Should I leave it at gain C or just remove the jumper and set no gain at all?
thnx again for the help!

t.
Hiya, No cutting of anything in the PD, and I would leave the jumper at divide by 2 and med/high gain. No cutting the cap as they have a gain jumper installed. The servo dip switch #3,4,5,6 should all be on so ppm is 38600. So that looks like move #4 to on. Also at times when changing the dip switches, the battery ground needs to be momentarily disconnected for the change to take place. I have no idea why, but i read that on another site when i was having some issues. Maybe you will be fine. Any other questions feel free. I will see if I can help.:)

Thanks Cdnemsguy, working on it right now. (9pm here already. :) )

Hiya, No cutting of anything in the PD, and I would leave the jumper at divide by 2 and med/high gain. No cutting the cap as they have a gain jumper installed. The servo dip switch #3,4,5,6 should all be on so ppm is 38600. So that looks like move #4 to on. Also at times when changing the dip switches, the battery ground needs to be momentarily disconnected for the change to take place. I have no idea why, but i read that on another site when i was having some issues. Maybe you will be fine. Any other questions feel free. I will see if I can help.:)

Top Bottom