Your dealer closed on Mondays?

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
I find it kinda annoying my local dealer is closed on Monday. I know people need time off, but I'm thinking with creative scheduling they could open the doors. I'm not saying work a guy 7 days a week. My part job operates 7 days a week, but we each get our 2 days off, but it might not be Sat-Sun.

It seems when I'm on the road and need something, it's gonna be late on a Saturday, so you're gonna be shut down till Tuesday. The dealer I bought the FJR is open 7 days a week. They do close early on Sundays.

Most HD dealers open on Sundays? I ain't ever seen a Honda dealer open on a Sunday. I think they'd be enough business to make some money on the Sunday and Monday. A few times I ordered a part on Friday, and it was late following week before it came in.

Heck I'd settle for a 6 day week.

The tradition of bike shops being closed on Mondays goes *way* back (at least back to the '70's when I took up biking).

Even some of the huge conglomerate dealers here in big ol' Houston are closed on Mondays.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Most dealers around here are open Tuesday-Saturday. Their people like to ride, too.

richpeabody

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
yes
Back in the day, when I was retailing in Cleveland, a lot of shops were closed Sundays and Wednesdays....Wednesday had traditionally been a flat track practice day....
My shop was open M-Saturday...Monday was pretty "big", because people would wreck stuff on the weekend and we could get it ordered for the next weekend.

Bike
2003 GL1800
I was told that the two Honda dealers here in Lafayette are the only ones in the country that are open on Mondays. I took that stat with a grain of salt...but they are both open on Mondays.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Heck my local dealer is now closed seven days a week. Be happy you have one locally as I wish that ours was still here.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
My 2 closest dealers are open 7 days a week. Other than Chic-Fillet, banks, doctors, and lawyers, I can't think of any place closed on Sunday. Orlando is definitely a 7 day a week town.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BamaRider

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
Sunday-Monday goes back to at least 1969 here (my first bike). I'm not saying work a guy 7 days a week, just shuffle the schedule around.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I remember way back when the barber shops were always closed on Mondays also. I always suspected the barbers and employees at the moto shops got together on Mondays to go fishing.

Mine is closed on Sunday open rest of week. Service is closed Mondays though. Sucks being closed Sundays as some times I pull overtime shifts on Saturday and that's usually when I need something, such as now, a front tire, and I can't make it back to town before they close at 6

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
The superstores that sell all 4 Japanese and more are open 7 days a week, and there are several to choose from in the area. Seems like my most frequent choice has been 'none of the above' since Internet parts became available. Got tired of the price gouging and counter people at the local dealers, and they never had any of the parts in stock anyway.

Jack B

Let's Ride
Bike
2013 F6B
In Wisconsin car and motorcycle dealers can't sell cars or bikes state law. H.D. Stores that are open on Sunday's can sell t-shirts. I think they tag the bikes not for sale. They is a big Honda dealer in Southwestern Wis. Richland Center that is closed on Mondays. I would think Monday would be a busy day.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
Killeen Power Sports is open on Monday and now Sunday. You can't buy a bike on Sunday, heck, you can't even sit on one, but you can drop off and pick up bikes from service and buy accessories.

Bike
2001 ST1100
In defense of the smaller shops and other types of companies as well who are open on Saturdays. Closing on Sunday is a natural. Closing on Monday gives the owner ( me ) the chance to do my other business such as banking, shopping, car repair, legal and civil duties, and other important errands that can't be accomplished on Sunday. Sunday and Monday off is the trade-off for opening the rest of the week. Plus I simply don't have the personnel to spread out to cover all 6 or 7 days.
As a kid I always hated going back to school on Monday. It made Sundays depressing. I feel the same way about work. Now I look forward to Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. It makes me a much nicer person the rest of the week.

Bike
BMW K1600GT
East Coast Honda near Philadelphia, PA is open on Mondays and they do a lot of business. They are open until 8:00pm every day except Saturdays til 4:00pm. Closing on Mondays still makes no sense to me if you own a shop. Consider that almost everyone rides on the weekends. Chances are failures happen during that time, now you've got to wait until Tues to get your ride looked at. Some businesses get it, most don't. Harley Davidson gets it. It's not my kind of bike but I applaud the company for what they do for their riders.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I don't blame them. If I worked there I would want my 2 days a week off consecutive too. It would suck to have Sundays and Wednesday's off. You couldn't even take a short overnight trip without burning vacation time. My local dealer is closed Sunday and Monday.

Top Bottom