S1000-based tourer

OP
OP
Wow, didn't see that coming.
Speculation at the dealership is that they will continue to expand the S1000 platform, possibly a K1300S replacement for 2016? That, would be quite tasty! I hope they offer the DDC option on this new bike, it's a gem on the HP4.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
No matter what you think of their reliability, BMW is making a lot of bikes I could see buying, unlike Honda. It really aggravates that the company I've ridden from 1970 doesn't make a current model of anything I'd like to buy any more.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Maybe it's the angle of the pic shot but it sure doesn't look like much 2-up space on that. Prob the camera angle.

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
The rider is carrying a rather large back-pack. Also, some of the comments on the article seem to suggest the picture might be 'Photoshopped' :D :D Not sure I buy into that one, but is BMW truly trying to compete with the Multistrada?

Shouldnt the GS/GSAs be competing with the Multistrada (except in the power, yes, the Duc is a monster)

Regards,
Vishnu

Maybe it's the angle of the pic shot but it sure doesn't look like much 2-up space on that. Prob the camera angle.

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
No, the MS has nowhere near the DS depth of the GS.
Of course, yes, I'm sorry I didn't express my thoughts coherently :-D - why would BMW want to create a new adventure bike, when they have the already excellent GS/GSA bikes?

The only "con" of the GS (when compared to the duc) is the lower powered engine. The GS is superior in almost everything else.

Have I put my query in better words? I hope so! :) :) is this a move to getting the boxer engine platform eventually....replaced?

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
I just rode a s1000R last week and if it wasn't for the canted forward ergo's and LOUD pipe in my ear it would be a great bike. Great gauges and had a very nice ride when on the comfort setting. It would run in the 80-90mph range in first gear! Dang that thing was holy-cow fast, riding wheelies easily to 120mph!

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
I just rode a s1000R last week and if it wasn't for the canted forward ergo's and LOUD pipe in my ear it would be a great bike. Great gauges and had a very nice ride when on the comfort setting. It would run in the 80-90mph range in first gear! Dang that thing was holy-cow fast, riding wheelies easily to 120mph!
I hope you were wearing your Superman undies, you hooligan!
Mike

Top Bottom