MCL Model: 6024 ST-1300R Handle Bar Riser Blocks

A year or two ago I bought tip over bars, 2nd gen highway pegs, and handle bar risers for my ST1300. I installed the tip over bars and highway pegs right away. I?m just now getting around to installing the handlebar risers, however I can?t find the directions for them. I sent an email to MCL for directions however these look like it should be easy enough to install. I'm looking in my manual and it calls for 16 ft lbs on the socket and special bolts. Are MCL bolts the same torque? Is there any other special considerations I need to know when I install these? Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dhuber
I was just filling my directions for my highway pegs and I found the directions for the Handle Bar Risers. So I suppose at some point in time someone will ask me for directions. They are pretty straight forward and they don't specify torque so I'm going to use the 16 ft lbs. The directions do recommend blue loc-tite.

OP
OP
dhuber
I just finished the task. The directions said to use a small screw drive to pry off the plastic hex screw covers. I bent a screw driver, nicked up my handle bars, then I tried a hammer and chisel. What worked was drilling them out with 11/64 bit and then stabbing one side of a large needle nose plier through the hole and wiggling them off. Mine were glued down with what looked like super glue. That was the hardest part of the job. The handle bar cabling is all moving free after some slight adjustment. The clutch hydraulic hose stretches out a bit with handle bars fully turned, but I think it will be fine.

thanks for the update, i'll be doing mine, after i buy them of course, saving up the dollars for them.
want a more dirt bike feel to the bike.
seems thatthe angle of the bars put pressure on my palms
the outside part of my palms feels strange griping my bars

Top Bottom