Mirror turn signals.

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I met Ed if my mind is working at NATSTOC and he told me about some LED strips that shine light out the edge. After talking with him about them and seeing how well they worked I decided to find some and try it myself. I had to order 20 sets to get the amber. They flash with the blinkers. Nope can't get pic's in order, Here is where there made http://alpena.ca/Product.aspx?id=1111

I have sets for sale if anyone wants them $20 to your door.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Dan

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
No amber at Walmart, I looked there when I started. Amber is more noticeable during the day.

Bike
2012 ST 1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just got the lights. I've installed one side and they work great. Good visibility, I won't be forgetting to cancel the turn signal anymore. They fit exactly in the length provided, and if you want few lights you can trim it down. Great solution! Thanks

Thanks Dan, Loved this farkle and planned on the LED cut into the mirror vents until I saw this. Easy peasy install, the LED strip is perfect length to wrap three sides of the mirror shroud.
Pics of shrouds and strips Pic of lit LEDs from rider position.
100_6058.jpg100_6059.jpg100_6062.jpg

I chose to solder the connections and like this light install as the wiring all stays with the shroud.
Now we will see if the "nut" between the seat and handlebar remember to cancel the turn signal.

Thanks again Dan!

Attachments

OP
OP
The Dan

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I chose to solder the connections and like this light install as the wiring all stays with the shroud.
Got your payment today..LOL

I have 8 sets left as of today. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can ship out a set to ya.
If this keeps going like this I may just order another run....

Bike
2019 Tracer 900 GT
I have received my set but still have not found the wiring info. Also, do the lights stay on as the turn signal does and flash when the blinker flashes?

OP
OP
The Dan

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I have received my set but still have not found the wiring info
Green is ground on both sides so connect the black wire there. Solid color wires Orange on one side and Baby Blue on the other side are the positive and you connect the red wire on each side to one. My ST is at home so no pictures today. Ill post some in the morning.

Last edited:

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
I have received my set but still have not found the wiring info. Also, do the lights stay on as the turn signal does and flash when the blinker flashes?
If you wire them to the turn signal hot, then they will flash. Pretty sure the wires Dan mentioned are the turn hot wires. The third wire going to the housing socket is the running lights. Wire to those and the LED strip will stay on.

Bike
2006 ST 1300
Okay then, the Dan,

Now I see where you were going with all of this, had me guessing. We did indeed talk at spearfish South Dakota regarding this lighting. This is a mod I originally did on my st 1300. A few years back I purchased my LED lights at one of the local auto parts stores. And discovering indeed that there exist two types, for this modification those LED's that project light off the edges of strip.

Really went aggressive with lighting the back end of my Suzuki Bergman-650, this is my daily commuter. Similarly dressing up the back-end with lots of LED's. Crossing from Illinois freeway bridge into Missouri all kinds of weather different times of days and nights. I'm sure by now the lighting has saved me some grief, my butt to! If they can't see me brother, better get some eye glasses, put the smart phone down! Oh yes working the smart phones on a bridge, with six lane's of crossover traffic merging on and off various interstate destinations?

The Dan, so kudos to you for taking this lighting thing to the next level. Putting the information out there, and supplying the lighting at a reasonable cost to the members. I always felt after doing this modification, it was adding safety and visibility, for both the rider canceling turn signal, and motorist seeing better your maneuvers.

So again thank you the Dan, for bringing to light this mod.

Top Bottom