Mirror turn signals.

trying to fit an led light module ( 3/16" wide) I bought from one of the forum members on here, A few years ago. to my disappointment, I found out that there's precious little room to fit anything between the mirror and housing! my thinking was, that being a clever lad, I could figure out a way to adapt 'em to fit my 1100. no such luck! Short of creating a "mini fairing/housing" and attaching that to the outside of the mirror housing, there's just no room to wedge anything between the mirror and it's housing ( installed AND end up with enough room to allow the mirror a bit of adjustability) . your mileage may differ.

Last edited:

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Dan, received the next set. Sorry for delay but was out of town. Will attempt to put on my 1100. One side looks like they'll fit, other side little tight.

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
OK, here's my installation on the ST1100:

Left side of bike: There's 3 wires coming into the mirror housing: orange, orange/white, and green- we're connecting the LED strip to the orange wire (I tested it with a voltmeter first):

Here it is in the mirror housing- it fits the top and bottom well, and on the side you get adhesion of the strip on the more anterior aspect of the housing (so it won't sit completely flat on the lateral mirror aspect:

Checking it before final installation: red to the orange wire/ black to ground (I used the 10 mm bolt easily accessible when the mirror housing is removed):

and a movie (click for link):

Installed (also movie file- click for link):

Right side: Here, the LED strip connects to the blue, non striped wire:

Working (movie file- click for link):

Overall, they fit quite well, are very bright, and installation was a breeze (I took my time and it took maybe 30-40 minutes for both of them). I have to put these on the South Carolina ST as well. These are well worth $20

Here's some random pics of my ST after installation:

As we all do, I like to be seen when riding...

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Dan

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
GREAT INSTALL ARTICLE
You did a great write up on the 1100 install. Love the movie clips, they really show how well they work.

Checking it before final installation: red to the orange wire/ black to ground (I used the 10 mm bolt easily accessible when the mirror housing is removed):
You could of hit the green wire for a ground also..

Bike
2012 ST 1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have my lights installed and am very happy with them. No need to cut anything as the led strip perfectly fit the mirror housing. Love 'em.

Bob (jodog)

Bike
2006 Aprilia Capo
Short video (with music!) showing the strips on a ST1300

[video=youtube_share;6eKo0yScXHA]http://youtu.be/6eKo0yScXHA[/video]

OP
OP
The Dan

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Just got in another 20 sets after enough PM's to make me order again. Still have 12 sets not spoken for. PM me if your interested. When there gone Ill order in more. I keep 2 sets on hand for spare incase some one burns up a set or breaks a cover.

Moved to vendor site...

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Dan

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I have installed my set on my ST11 - works great! Thanks to Erdoc48 for the great write-up and pix!
Great, I see I forgot to thank Erdoc48 for his fine job showing how to mount them in the ST1100.....Thank You Sir

OP
OP
The Dan

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Found a outlet for the LED strips with side emitting so I will post here in a couple of weeks when I get them in and made up.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The Dan said:
LED strips with side emitting
I had to stop and think about that for a second. That would be handy for the inner perimeter of the mirror housings. Where else might these work. . .

Top Bottom