ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The Dan said:
Thanks Erdoc48 for the link.
This looks to be a promising link.

Oznium (Ozzie founders?) sell some Indicator Lights that apparently were too bright for some of their customers so they changed the resistor value to make it less bright. Pretty cool that they can do that in-house and that they responded to customer demand.

I really like the fact that they emphasis having very bright products. Obviously you use them appropriately to avoid blindness and a fiery death. But too many aftermarket LED products don't have needed appropriate brightness especially tail and brake light arrays.

There's an LED strip headed my way and I hope it does what I want.

Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
Do these strings of LEDs become a problem at night?
It seems the behind the mirror glow would not be a problem at night, but less visible in bright sun.
A single LED in mirror air grill housing should be a compromise for both situations

theres also the turn signal cancelling devices, like the STS

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Dan

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Mine don't, they shine to the rear and not in your eyes. The mirror is clear when flashing day or night. I believe all of the rear facing LED strips have the same properties.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
It seems the behind the mirror glow would not be a problem at night, but less visible in bright sun.
A single LED in mirror air grill housing should be a compromise for both situations

theres also the turn signal cancelling devices, like the STS
I have them on my ST1300 and yes, there is a little difficulty seeing rearward in the mirror when they're blinking at night, but not so much that you can't tell if a car is coming up behind you.

I am typically aware of what's behind me as I prepare to make a turn, especially left turns which I consider more dangerous than right turns because you may get stuck out there waiting for traffic. Then, while waiting to make a turn with the blinker on, I can recognize traffic changes as they occur. Of course, I could still be caught unawares by a ninja (a real ninja, not a Kawasaki)

Bike
2010 Goldwing trike
Thanks for the nice info The Dan. I'm going to do this mod on my Goldwing. They are self cancelling but still nice to know . Sometimes , if you turn the signals on they will time out before the actual turn so it will be much easier to tell this with these lights.

Wes

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300, DRZ400S
At 6'1", and my seat in the high position, I also have a little trouble seeing the turn signal indicator on the dash. I had seen another rider with this mod, so I came searching for info from this awesome community! I ordered 2 of the Oznium strips and they should arrive on Thursday. I'm curious how deep into the mirror housings some of you installed yours to possibly help eliminate the nighttime interference they may cause with seeing in the mirrors when they are blinking. Thanks for any feedback!

Wes

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
At 6'1", and my seat in the high position, I also have a little trouble seeing the turn signal indicator on the dash. I had seen another rider with this mod, so I came searching for info from this awesome community! I ordered 2 of the Oznium strips and they should arrive on Thursday. I'm curious how deep into the mirror housings some of you installed yours to possibly help eliminate the nighttime interference they may cause with seeing in the mirrors when they are blinking. Thanks for any feedback!

Wes
Hi @Wes ,

Here's a link to a thread I wrote about installation of the Oznium amber 3-LED strip to my ST1300 mirrors. My contributions start at message #9.

Follow the messages through to the end. As I mentioned there and elsewhere, I use OEM or OEM equivalent connectors to perform my electrical mods where ever possible. I think the OEM turn signal and running light connectors Honda uses are an abomination and replaced them with more common and easy to use Hitachi style connectors. They're all over the ST1300 in other places and also provided me an easy path to add the wiring to power to Oznium lights.

Good luck, and you're welcome to reach out if you'd like my help.

Reactions: Wes
OP
OP
The Dan

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #

Wes
3/4 to one inch is about rite.

Reactions: Wes
Top Bottom